cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Master creation in backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Can you let me know the steps /configuration to make asset master create happen in the backend system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gummadi,

You can use AS01 txn. to create Asset master in back end R/3.

Every asset should belong to an Asset class.You can create your custom asset classes.

The asset master record contains all information relating to an asset that remains unchanged over a long period of time:

Technical master data

Organizational allocations (usually time-dependent)

Depreciation terms

The system stores all the values and transaction data per each asset master record.

You can differentiate between different types of assets in the FI-AA component. The structure of the master record is identical for all asset main numbers, asset sub-numbers and group assets. Therefore, the basic procedure for creating any of these objects is essentially the same.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4f/71ec32448011d189f00000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Hope this will help you in understanding the topic.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Teja,

I would like to know if there are any settings to be made in EBP to create an asset in the backend system frm Shopping cart? Or just hit the create asset master buttn and system does it all....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gummadi,

You don't require to make any settings in EBP (SRM) for creating assets in R/3.

Asset master data has to be created in back end R/3 and assets will not get automatically created.

In case you want to use Asset as Account assignment category you have to maintain in the concerned user attributes the asset number which you need to use for shopping cart creation.

Hope this makes you more clear.Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Teja,

Let me make my question more clear.

In my solution everytime i create a shopping cart line with account assignment A-Asset and the user clicks the create asset master button in shopping cart.

System should create a asset master in the backend and populate the new asset number in the shopping cart line. This is the requirement.

THanks

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configuration to make in SRM :

- PFCG authorization to enable the create asset master.

- asset class attribute in the PPOMA

Clicking on "create asset" button in SC or PO will create an incomplete asset master in ECC.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yann that was useful, could you explain on what you meant by incomplete asset ?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Incomplete asset master as only description , asset class, and company code are sent to ECC.

The asset class in ECC determine the account ANLA-KTOGR in the ECC asset master.

The asset master is very often completed by the account team.

Kind regards,

Yann