cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS configuration question - more than one sapccmsr agent on one server

0 Kudos

Hello all,

this might be a newbie question, please excuse:

We have several SAP systems installed on AIX in several LPARs. SAP aplication server and SAP database is always located in different LPARs, but one LPAR can share application server of several SAP systems or databases of several SAP systems.

So I want to configure SAPOSCOL and CCMS-Agents (sapccmsr) on our databse LPARS. SAPOSCOL is running - no problem so far. Due to the circumstance that we have DBs for SAP systems with kernel 4.6d, 6.40 (nw2004), 7.00 (nw2004s) I want to use two different CCMS-Agents (Version 6.40 non-unicode to connect to SAP 4.6d and 6.40 + Version 7.00 unicode to connect to SAP 7.00).

AFAIK only one of these can use shared memory segment #99 (default) - the other one has to be configured to use another one (e.g. #98) but I don't know how (could'nt find any hints on OSS + Online Help + CCMs-Agent manual).

Any help would be appreciated

regards

Christian

Edited by: Christian Mika on Mar 6, 2008 11:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

has really no one ever had this kind of problem? Do you all use either one (e.g. windows) server for one application (e.g. SAP application or database) or the same server for application and database? Or don't you use virtual hostnames (aliases) for your servers, so that in all mentioned cases one CCMS-Agent on one server would fit your requirements? I could hardly believe that!

kind regards

Christian