cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone got some experience or knowledge on price managment tools where pricing data can be synchronized back and to the SAP R/3 pricing system ?

Our company needs to manage over 400,000 prices accros various industries and sales domains. Prices are set at different levels with a couple of condition types. All of this doesn't make it easy to manage the information just using the standard SAP transactions especially when corporate wide price updates are being requested.

Thanks in advance.

Filip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am not sure if I got your query right. My understanding of your query is that you have various systems and you need to sync the prices across all the systems.

Assuming that this understanding is right, I can share some experience in the field. We maintain prices in SAP R/3 and we have some Retail system sitting on a separate box and we have various other systems like the web front and the service front. Now we send the prices to these systems using a Z program through various interfaces. The program is executed daily and thus making sure that all the systems are in Sync with R/3. I am not sure if this can be done through std. SAP.

Rgds,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Mani.

It's not really the answer I was looking for. Our problem is slightly different. We operate on 1 global instance of SAP, but we serve many different businesses and industries, so our commercial organization is complex and we maintain a market segmentation layer outside of SAP as it would not be possible to maintain that in SAP.

Since price setting is decided in the commercial organization AND the fact that these people are not trained on SAP we are looking for solutions where price information can be captured on an external platform, that supports the market segmentation structure and feed that thru an interface to SAP.

I know it's asking a lot, but I can imagine that we are not the only company struggling with this.

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideal solution is to have a price upload through excel file, by creating a Z transaction for price upload. I know that may not answer your question, but that's the best solution, I can think of. I have come accross companies facing such situation & ther have adopted the methodology of uploading Excel File through Z transaction.

Reagrds,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two possible ways. First one, as suggested earlier, use spreadsheets to store the pricing data. The best option is to create templates with in built validations. Use load programs (preferably) LSMW to load the data in system. There are certain validtions which are not taken care while data loading. You can build them in load progams.

Second one is (if the data volumes are too high and spread across geography) to createa web based tool where the users can store the pricing data. Build a tool to import the data in SAP.

Answers (0)