cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workpace - Web Dynpro Projects vs. DC Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When creating a DC Project out of the DTR (development track) on the Development configuration perspective, those Projects do not show up on my workspace folder like a regular Web Dynpro projects does.

How do I get these DC projects into my workspace? I had a problem before with my computer and I lost everything I did on these Projects, I just recovered the regular Web Dynpro Projects.

Please advice.

Best Regards,

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are couple of answers in Java Development Forum.

if you are using DTR

you have to create Software component, create a track import software component in to Track,in NWDS develop DC under which Development Objects move this to test after successfull testing move to production.

Regards,

RK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Erin2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Development components do not get stored in your workspace folder. You will find them in the c:\documents and settings\<your userid>\.dtc\<localDevelopment>

Regards,

Erin

diego_gaudenzi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Erin,

I just looked at my c:\documents and settings\<my userid>\.dtc\localDevelopment folder and I found 3 files: .condef, .syncdb and .buildvariant.config

What do I do with these files now? I am trying to recover the development I did locally before my computer crashed.

Best Regards,

Diego.

diego_gaudenzi
Participant
0 Kudos

Erin,

Actually under .dtc I found 3 more folders "0" and "1".

Folder 1 contains another folder called "t" where there is another folder which has a long number and inside of it I found other folders like classes->com->sap->caf->eu->gp->trm2.

Inside of this trm2 folder is where all the classes I lots are. The point now is how do I import them.

Regards,

Diego.

Erin2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, if you have not already done so, copy the old .dtc files to your new .dtc directory.

Next, open the Development Configurations perspective in the Local DC's section under My Components you should see your old code.

Right click on the DC that you want to import and choose Create Project.

Your old code should now be available for editing!

Good luck,

Erin