Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have a strange issue...

In our SAP R/3 system auditors have found out a new instance satcen02 in parameter changes in operating system.

We havent seen till now.. and when we check up at OS level for hostnames we are unable to see this instance..

My question is..what could be this instance and why we are unable to see in the list of SAP Instances..

This we are able to see in SA38 under OS parameters using SA38 - REPORT -RSORA110..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

You can see all the instances in sap by using the tcode sm51.

You can also find the instances in the directory usr/sap/sid/<instances> you can find all the instances present in the system.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

As I already said that we are able to see a new instance when auditors ran the above report RSORA110..

Currently when we have 4 instances when we view using sm51 and the same we see at OS level..

say- satcen21,2,3,4..

But when auditors run the above report we are able to see another instance which we even cant see from OS level..

using view hosts in /etc directory..

the new instance along with modified dates

instance modified date

satcen02 2001.10.28

satcen21 2004.09.26

satcen2 2004.11.22

satcen3 2007.07.29

satcen4 2004.09.26

The modified date is I think when we have implemented the SAP 4.6C..

Is it possible to get the IP Address or any other info for this server and how can we check the usablility and why we are able to see this server..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Had you ever migrated or done any system copy on to this system.It is because,when u migrated from any other hosts with different IP address or done any system copy onto this instance.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I would like to confirm that when we do the system copy it will create create a new instance and rename the existing instance...

If Iam wrong please explain..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.