cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOE Timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed NWM 7.1 SP04 (Fresh Clean Install). I have also done the initial setup and config of the DOE (SDOE_SR). But now when I click on any DOE link, for example DOE Admin and Monitoring, I get the logon screen, and after entering the logon details via popup, I get connection timed out error. This continues, even if I set the timeout time as 600s. The following is what I get:

500 Connection timed out

-

Error: -5

Version: 7010

Component: ICM

Date/Time: Thu Mar 06 13:12:11 2008

Module: icxxthr.c

Line: 4193

Server: <myhost>_<SID>_00

Error Tag: {-}

Detail: Connection to partner timed out after 600s

What is the reason for this? One point must be noted that, after I enter the logon details, the HDD usage (not the CPU usage) in the server is full, till it eventually times out. If i again come to the home screen and login again, I sometimes get an error saying that SDOE_Administration is locked by the <user> i am using.

Pls help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the issue, but failed to update thread. The solution was to increase the memory (RAM offset) for Oracle and update the DB statistics after patch/note implementation.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the setup of the J2EE - and try to access the server and its functions directly first. I would expect that your J2EE setup is not complete and so the server stops working. Should not have much to do with the CE itself.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is AS ABAP 7.1 and it has a JVM for running java apps. I have activated all the Java services available. Even then the same problem continues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Since it is a MI7.1, there should be NO J2EE, right?

2) check the trace/log in the work directory may help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right.

Every Web Application for the Data Orchestration Engine is based on Web Dynpro ABAP.

No Java Stack and no JVM is required to excute the NetWeaver Mobile Administration tools.

Best Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well there exists a JVM (sapjvm) which is sap's own equivalent to jre5. This is available for running any java apps you have. I think this will come into picture when we try to migrate apps from previous versions- the compatibility layer. I have decided to try out the log on using a higher timeout, lets see. But this should not be a solution. There is something else which is going wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally for the first time, the page will take slightly longer to load. This is most likely because of the initial compilations. Try increasing the timeout period further.

Regards,

Wenonah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how do I increase the timeout period?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Timeout in DOE server for dialogue processes can be done from the transaction RZ11

The profile parameter to be increased is

rdisp/max_wprun_time and the unit is seconds

This gets reverted to default one after a system restart.

Regards,

Liji