cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shifting Planning Calendar for generating the SNP Planned orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a scenario in VMI where in the Customer is receiving the goods on every Wednesday, accordingly the Planning calendar is maintained & assigned to the Customer location.

In Cust. Location & product Master data in Lot sizing view, the Lot sizing procedure is maintained as W (weekly) & no. of periods as 1 with a view point that the lot size should be created for one week duration.

But the lot size after Heuristic run is created at the cust. Loc. wrt the entire week, i.e., demand lying from Monday to Sunday, where as, the requirement is the lot size should be created from Wednesday to next Tueday.

Pl. advise if there are any settings available in SNP where in we can shift the lot sizing duration.

Thks,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this -

--> use a macro in your DP and move your requirement by a week into the previous bucket

--> use an intermediate planning area with a daily bucket. Using the factory calendar on the time stream make sure wednesday is the only working day in the week in that planning area

--> release demand from your main planning area to the intermediate planning area. Next weeks demand will sit on the wednesday of this week

--> release demand from this planning area into SNP and you will get the requirement in the date you need

you can completely automate the process that the existence of the second planning area wont be affecting your current process

will this work??

alternately there is a badi in SNP release called SNP_RELDATA(i think) which you can modify to get what you want

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you mean that the receipt is created on the Monday of each week with these settings?

If this is the case the you need to use the field Period Factor and Use Period Factor settings on the Lot Size tab of the product location record.

If you just check the "Use Period Factor" checkbox then the recipt will be in the middle of the week (for a 7 day week this is 12:00 on the Thursday). To adjust the day then you need to change the "Period Factor" itself, a blank value being equivalent also to a value of 0.5

If the value is set to 1 then the receipt is at the beginning of the bucket, a value of 0 the receipt will be at the end of the bucket. So you need to adjust this to bring your receipt onto the Wednesday.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the feedback, the issue is the distribution receipts are getting created on every Wednesday's for the demand lying from Monday to Sunday of that particular week, whereas the requirement is the distribution receipt should be created on Wednesday but for the demand that are lying from that week wednesday to next week Tuesday. Idea is the Vendor should be sending the stocks to the customer for the demand existing for next one week on Wednesday so that the customer is filled with the stock for next 1 week.

Pl. advise, is it possible to shift the planning calendar from Wednesday instead of Monday

Thx,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I see your issue now! Unfortunately just within the SNP arena there is no real solution as neither the Planning Calendar for Lot Sizing or the Period Profile for demand are SNP options.

The only other area I can think of is in the release of demand from DP, is it a requirement to have the demand in daily buckets? Otherwise you could change the release profile to Summate the demand from Weds to Tuesday and then place this on the Weds of each week. That is the only answer I can come up with, sorry!

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a suggestion, i you define a fiscal year variant with start date as Wednesday for the whole year and then use the Fiscal year variant in your planning bucket profile, then I think it should create receipts for week starting from Wednesday and ending on tuesday, you can try this option though maintain fiscal year variant will be a taxin job.

Thanks,

Sanjog