Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between JSP and AWT applications in MI

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Can anyone plz clarify the difference and specific use of AWT n JSP appl in MI.

As far as i understand:

1)JSP works on browser based UI whereas AWT uses native UI.

2)AWT is faster dan JSP but not compatible with SAP appl.

3)We use AWT in appl like DSD n JSP in MAM,MSR etc.

Plz explain in detail wat r the scenarios in which AWT can be used??

Regards

Priyanka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a little confused about your point 2...... Why do you think it is not compatible?

Well, the thing is: cause JSP is based on HTML it was easier to build nice user interfaces - and AWT always looked a little strange. As well it was easier to adapt JSP to other layout styles to run the same app on Lapotop/PDA. At the end that is pretty much it.

MI is based on the SyncBO concept - so if you access a SyncBO in JSP or in AWT MI makes no difference and so at the end all that counts is: are you happy with AWT layout or do you need something more native/fancy/..... Well, AWT is limited in some areas - JSP give you much more. That is all limited due to the fact that up to MI7.0 MI runs on Creme with JRE1.1.8 support only.

But MI7.1 now supports JRE1.4.2 even on PDA - and so we have SWT available - and so in 7.1 the default UI is SWT (very very basically we could say, this is the AWT direction - but really only if we really want to compare 7.0 and 7.1)

Hopefully you got it.

Regards,

Oliver

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx Oliver,

I want to know this only coz i also found dat using AWT has no problem except dat JSP was easier to use for making interfaces.

For point no.2,about compatibility i read it in some doc n i was also confused about dat point.

Anyway thx for the help.

Regards

Priyanka

Answers (0)