Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactivating an Authorization Object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is significance of Inactivating Authorization object?

For Eg:

If for transaction su01, object S_USER_GRP is checked and if that object is inactivated,then what would be the impact on authoriztion check?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you inactivating S_USER_GRP in a role on the authorizations tab where SU01 is present, or do you want to inactivate S_USER_GRP in the specific context of SU01 (not recommended, and not normally possible if I remember correctly) or inactivate S_USER_GRP globally in the system (also blocked for "basis" and "HR" objects)?

All 3 sound questionable to me, for S_USER_GRP... and won't work necessarily anyway.

Cheers,

Julius

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you inactivating S_USER_GRP in a role on the authorizations tab where SU01 is present, or do you want to inactivate S_USER_GRP in the specific context of SU01 (not recommended, and not normally possible if I remember correctly) or inactivate S_USER_GRP globally in the system (also blocked for "basis" and "HR" objects)?

All 3 sound questionable to me, for S_USER_GRP... and won't work necessarily anyway.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

The impact: (also read Julius comments):

A globally the object will not be checked in any program.

B in SU24 deactivated against a TRX< the Object will not be checked in that TRX (Program)

C in a Role, you don’t have to fill in values and the Profile generator will not warn you before generation that there are open objects, this is to be preferred above filling in a STAR when you do not use or want to use the object for the role, but it can cause errors so should be thoroughly tested. Also this is better than deleting it in the role, as it will probably come up automatically again next time you open the role for change, to overcome that problem set it form C/M to C in SU24 for that TRX