cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line item cannot be deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I wanna delete line item from the sales order for which i had created invoice but cancelled it too.

Now, when i try to delete this line item from the sales order, it gives me following error:

Item 000010 cannot be deleted because of subsequent document 490221

Message no. V1489

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi goutam pattanaik

As per your scenario the Invoice is with ref to sales order.So you can delete the item which already have the subsequent document.The only solution is put the reason for rejection to that item and create new order or add new line item to the same order and do the invoice.

I hope this will heplful, reward if useful

Bye

Sreedhar

Edited by: sreedhar on Mar 6, 2008 8:49 AM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chetan

If you wanna delete line item in sale order, there should not be subsequent document. This means, it is not enough if you cancel the invoice but also you should reverse the pgi through VL09.

In fact, you can see a small difference in the sale order line item. Before creating delivery, the UoM in the line item will be an editable option and once pgi is done, UoM will be greyed out.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

THERE IS NO DELIVERY AND PGI IN MY CASE.

Please guide.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chetan

In your above posting you said system shows

"Item 000010 cannot be deleted because of subsequent document 490221"

This means, there should be a subsequent document. Can you please let me know what is 490221. Is it Delivery reference or invoice reference??

You can also reconfirm by checking the document flow for the sale order in VA02.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmi,

That subsequent document number is of cancelled invoice.

In document flow, there is sales order, invoice and cancelled invoice. nothing else. I had cancelled invoice which i had created for this sales order with line item 10. But, then i cancelled that invoice and now i want to delete this line item 10 from sales order to put different line item. I cant do it. Why? Please tell.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you wanna delete line item in sale order, there should not be subsequent document. This means, it is not enough if you cancel the invoice but also you should reverse the pgi through VL09.

after doing dat go to VL02N and delete the subsequent delivery document.

then go to VA02 and select dat particular line item and delete it.

hope this might solve ur problem

Rgds,

Raj..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you have cancelled the billing document, you will have to reverse the goods issued for this line item using transaction VL09 and then delete the delivery for that item.

Once the delivery is deleted, then you can delete the line item from the order.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the line items in delivery and then delete in sales documents.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

I do not think you will be able to delete the line item.You will have to create another sales order and will have to follow the sales cycle again or if you have a larga number of line items you can create a new sales order by copying the old one.

Mukesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

There is no delivery part here because it related to service related scenario.

Mukesh,

Why is it not possible to create line item? Could you please explain? If I dont wanna create new sales order and just wanna edit old one by deleting the single line item which is there in it, cant it be done?

Please guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

As you have created the invoice for that sales order. Even after cancelling the invoice you cannot delete any line item from the sales order.

Mukesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check the subsequent document 490221 which appears in the error message.

If there is no delivery document, then once the invoice is deleted, then the order should be open.

You can check the document flow for this order to check the subsequent documents created for this sales order.

Thanks,

Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukesh,

I understand what you say. Is this standard SAP functionality which unables us to delete line item from sales order even if we cancel the invoice?

If you have any idea, please enlighten me.

Thanks for your advice till now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about delivery cancellation ? u should do that also ?

regards

krishna