cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP--PI--ABAP Proxy-how to call this scenarion from third-party PeopleSoft

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is:

Third-party Peoplesoft sending an Asynchronous XML message to PI through SOAP Adapter which will then be processed by ABAP proxy server.

I have everything in place (SDL,IR,ID & ABAP Proxy). I have created a SOAP tool that uses URL (http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel) and XML message to test the process - it works.

Now the problem is the Peoplefoft system guys need help to figure out how do they reach our system and this process.

per my understanding, I created a WSDL using ID>Tools>Define Web Service option and sent it to them hoping they will be able to use this WSDL to program their call to our system.

I also additionally sent them the SOAP client tool that i use to test the process that has default XML payload in it.

The only change i made in WSDL before sending to third-party is - replaced location tag from the actual URL that reaches sender SOAP adapter to the external URL that will be used by PeopleSOft system reach our network. I think our network guys are going to map this external url to internal URL.

Is there anything else i can do as a PI consultant to help Peoplesoft reach our network and hit the SOAP Adapter (SOAP sender adapter channel for my process).

I will Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

nope sourabh,u have done everything i suppose.

but the peoplesoft guys able to consume ur WSDL.

Regards,

Rama Krishna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a PI developer, ur only task is to provide the correct wsdl to the Peoplesoft guys. As u have changed the URL, there is nothing else to be done at ur end.

The SOAP Client user just have to use the wsdl and fill in the data. Before the communication, please make sure that there are no firewall restrictions.

Regards,

Prateek