cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Exising Original in SAP to DIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DIR screen allows to attach original from my Desktop (local machine).

Is it possible to attach a document already present in the SAP system?

Regards,

MRK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anantharaman_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to store the file which is already present in the server.KPro maps every file with a unique id and not with the file names. Hence KPro treats every file as a different file.

Regards,

Ananth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me how can i add the file which is already in KPRO to a new DIR?

Pls tell me the steps.

Regards,

MRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MRK,

If the objective is to reference the file why not use the object linking capability, here the object would be another existing SAP Document (if it has DIR).

Goodluck

awards points if this helps!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you right mouse click on the original.

Select "Copy To"

Place on your PC

Then open desired DIR

Click on Open (folder)

Select document that was downloaded from the previous DIR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Im looking for a soln that without downloading the file from SAP to my local machine.

Is it possible for me to attach that to another DIR.

Regards,

MRK.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi MRK,

maybe a solution could be to do this copying process by using BAPI functionality.

You can get the details of the source DIR with BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2 and then hand over the ORIGINALFILES data to BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2. The CHANGE2 BAPI should include the new document info record data but the original file data should be the same as in the source document.

Afterwards please execute also BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to realise the changes on the database.

However I would not really recommend you to do this because everytime an original is attached and checked in the system generates an unique LOIO- and PHIO-ID. If you now copy these IDs to another document info record, this may cause inconsistent data as the same IDs are linked to two different document info records.

So I would also recommend you to download the file to your PC and then upload it again.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph Hopf,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

I will download the orignal and re-connect to the new DIR.

Regards,

MRK