Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Mail Receiver and Attachment Issue - how to get an attachment into the body

I have an abap proxy that sends a simple message to XI with a pdf attachment. XI maps the xml message to the Mail Adapters Mail Package format.

To have the email sent with the PDF attachment I must click the "keep attachments" option. However this also has the side-effect of making the message payload an attachment as well (seems silly?). Therefore I get an email with two attachments: one is the PDF and the other is the plain text that should be in the email body.

The question is: How do I get that plain text attachment back into the Message Body ? I have tried all combinations of the MessageTranformBean and the PayloadSwapBean with no luck.

I can easily change the names of the attachments with the MessageTransformBean but if I set the text attachment to Transform.ContentDisposition inline, it still just comes out as an attachment. And, if I use the payloadswapbean the adapter log says it corectly swapped the right payload however the email still comes out with the text as an attachment!!

Any ideas on how I can do this? Is it a bug in the module beans?

(I'm using MS Outlook as the email client.)

Maybe I need to write my own module bean to do this... If I set keep attachments to OFF, can I still set the PDF attachment with my own modules (the reason I ask this is that with keep-attachment OFF, the message body correctly has the text in it...

Regards,

Jason.

Edited by: Jason Scott on Mar 6, 2008 3:22 AM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question