cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Receiver and Attachment Issue - how to get an attachment into the body

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an abap proxy that sends a simple message to XI with a pdf attachment. XI maps the xml message to the Mail Adapters Mail Package format.

To have the email sent with the PDF attachment I must click the "keep attachments" option. However this also has the side-effect of making the message payload an attachment as well (seems silly?). Therefore I get an email with two attachments: one is the PDF and the other is the plain text that should be in the email body.

The question is: How do I get that plain text attachment back into the Message Body ? I have tried all combinations of the MessageTranformBean and the PayloadSwapBean with no luck.

I can easily change the names of the attachments with the MessageTransformBean but if I set the text attachment to Transform.ContentDisposition inline, it still just comes out as an attachment. And, if I use the payloadswapbean the adapter log says it corectly swapped the right payload however the email still comes out with the text as an attachment!!

Any ideas on how I can do this? Is it a bug in the module beans?

(I'm using MS Outlook as the email client.)

Maybe I need to write my own module bean to do this... If I set keep attachments to OFF, can I still set the PDF attachment with my own modules (the reason I ask this is that with keep-attachment OFF, the message body correctly has the text in it...

Regards,

Jason.

Edited by: Jason Scott on Mar 6, 2008 3:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, hello Jason,

I know that this is an old thread, but perhaps there is someone around who could still help me on this. I’m facing exactly the same problem as described by Jason above and I couldn’t find a solution in the given answers.

If someone has a solution, any help is appreciated!

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3c/b4a6490a08cd41a8c91759c3d2f401/content.htm

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not want the payload to be sent as an attachment set Module Configuration Parameter Transform.ContentDisposition of the Module MessageTnasformBean to "inline". Hope this helps to resolve the issue - pls check and let me know.