cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why so too much problems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey everybody,

why in SAP, the number one in ERP software, everything is so complex????It's incredible.I've downloaded many times SAP Netweaver and everytime, from different links, the lenght of the file was different, there was a problem of CRC and so on............

If you have a problem you have to move in a web of forums and sub-forums of "sys"-sub-sub-forums

I suppose that the real value of this system is its crypticiness.

Bye

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't get discouraged. SAP is not a simple product and requires patience when learning how to install, implement, and update. The most important thing to know about SAP is there are no shortcuts. Follow the install directions as printed and take a little extra time to read all of the documentation.

I don't know the exact reason that SAP is difficult to install. But you have to remember that these are enterprise level applications that require the full resources of a system to operate efficiently and require a deeper knowledge of systems, OS's, and DB's. In short, SAP ain't no quickbooks (thankfully).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. But I can install it because the download fails.Everytime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out Adrian's post on how he was able to download the files without error:

[Downoading without corruption|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I follow the link but i did not find the answer (I found a thread about sql, not about how to correct the CRC error when I unpack the first of the 2 archives that SAP release for download).

I searched "download* without corruption" in all the forums, in all the times, and I never found the post that you suggest.

Another SAP's problem? Another?

Thanks (and excuse my very poor english

Openyourmind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Opps. Try this one:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unbelieveble. After the N-th download with the same option (same download manager - a plugin of Firefox- a same cracked version of winrar) it happens: unpacked the .rar file without CRC error.

Now I'll go to install the monster.

Stay Tuned!

By the way, thanks Joe

Edited by: Openyourmind on Mar 11, 2008 3:24 AM