Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We had been using roles download/upload to move role changes from DEV client to other clients. It was too much of work and always chances of missing some clients so decided to start moving roles in transports.

But today for the first time when I transported a role change it went to QAS and PRD clients fine but there are couple of DEV clients in our transport route as well. With DEV clients the transport errored out with return code 8 with below message. When I checked the role in these clients, in one client both role and profile went fine but on the other one the role went fine without PROFILE.

Can somebody tell me if I need to do anything before starting transport or if I am missing something. I had done it before in other companies and never had this problem.

As always thanks in advance for any input.

ERROR MESSAGE:

Errors occurred during post-handling PRGN_AFTER_IMP_ACTGROUP_ACGR for ACGR L

The errors affect the following components:

BC-SEC-USR-PFC (Authorization and Role Management)

Thanks,

Net

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Net,

few tips

-> Use SCC1 transaction to move transport between clients, with in the SAP system.

-> after moving the transport generate the profile again.

~Praveen

0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen for your reply. I understand your suggestion and am doing what you have suggested in the interim. But I wanted to find out why I am getting the error message and what I can do to get rid of it.

Is there anybody who has had similar problem?

Thanks,

Net

0 Kudos

Once its Transported why do we need to generate the profile again !! thewhole idea of transport is lost! Once you transport -scc1 - you have therole &profile!

0 Kudos

Thanks George. That is exactly how they should be but in DEV clients, particularly in one client the profile does not get transported. Our transport is setup such that when I release it, it gets transported two other DEV clients and QAS. And from QAS to PRD requires approval. Even if I transport it through SCC1, I will still get this error when I release it.

Do you have any idea why am I getting this error with return code 8 and message PRGN_AFTER_IMP_ACTGROUP_ACGR?

Thanks,

Net

0 Kudos

Hello Net,

I have seen this before, but cannot remember whether the return code was 8.

There are some posts which you can find via the search which indicate that most had problems with ORG level fields which caused this, and they needed to be recreated using a report / transaction. See Alex Ayer's posts, if that is the case here.

I have seen it where roles from lower releases are transported to higher releases, and some objects have changed or been deleted, but the Development system did not correct this in the target landscape... When the system does "post processing" of the transported role at the time of import, it updates the new profiles and authorizations of the users because they might be logged on!!! Here certain checks are performed for correctness of the imported role. If there are obsolete objects or field values in the role, the system writes these errors in the transport log.

My recommendation would be to train the folks monitoring transports to look for these and report then to the authorization admins.

Kind regards,

Julius