Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention in construction

former_member661593
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a billing scenario in construction business,

Eech billing document will have 5% as retention amount, being deducted by client to be shown on invoice.

At the end of project this 5% retention amount is being returned by the client.

I want inputs on how this scenario may be mapped in SAP?

Thanks

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SUman,

You can define a new condition record called ZRET (retention fee). Make this as a negative effect (+ve) on pricing procedure. ie.increase values at net value Now assign this in pricing procedure at correct step and give the base to this calculation.

Use the available standard access sequence for ZRET or can define some more of ur need. Then maintain the condition records for this ZRET. Now when the sales order and hence billing document is created, it will have 5% as deductible amount. (i.e. added to net value)/

Now if this is given back to customer then u wil need to define a G/L account for the determination of this condition accordingly. If this is revenue then u can use ERL account key otherwise will need to define new key ex ZRL. You can maintain accounting through VKOA tcode at what ever level u need.

Hope this helps. Reward accordingly.

Kind regards

sandeep

former_member661593
Participant
0 Kudos

I appreciate your mapping, but condition types of any discount nature and it's account assignment will change the sales order value. Which I do not want to change.

Is there any other way?

regards

suman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

plz follow the technique, which we follow in rebates, as you know it affects at invoice level...try in that way...your problem may be solved..plz let me know the result,,,

regards

mehar