cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated MDM Server restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We currently have an MDM server running on a Windows environment (32 bit). We have weekly automated reboots of the server and have come across a problem with the reboots in that even though the Oracle and MDM Server services are set to automatic, it seems they are not starting in the correct order. After the reboot, we go to the MDM Console and try to connect to the Repository of the started MDM Server but receive an error. We restart the MDM Server and then are able to log on.

Does anyone know of a way to not have this happen and make sure that the Server and Oracle are started in the correct order? Also, it appears as though the Repository does not automatically load upon a restart. Is there a way to make this happen, as well? We are looking to fully automate these processes so that we do not have to manually check these items for the weekly reboots.

Thanks,

Nicole

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member278106
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

Let's begin from the second question about automation of loading repositories: first you set the MDM Server service to Automatic start up type (in the services.msc applet) and then you set Autostart=1 in the mds.ini file.

Regarding Oracle/MDM start up order: you may set MDM Service to Manual start up and then use Windows scheduler to start the MDM Server 20 minutes after reboot using CLIX, it will be enough for Oracle to start. Your reboots are automatic, as such, you should know its time, add 10 minutes for Windows start up and 20 minuts for Oracle from the reboot time in the scheduler. Don't forget to set Autostart=1 in the mds.ini file to automatically load reositories.

Regards,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am added autostart=1 on my mds.ini file, still my repositories are not connecting automatically.

Can anyone help me?

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

When you make any changes in MDM.ini.

Just restart the MDM Server then changes will get into effect.

Autostart=1, this is the setting for automatic load of the all mounted repository on console when you restart the MDM Server anytime.

and remember 'a' is capital here in autostart=1.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

When I start the MDM server all the repositories are displaying in console, But the status is disconnect,

I want that repository to be connected automatically when I start MDM server.

Can you please help me?

Thank you

Rama

Edited by: Rama Krishna Babu Tummala on Mar 13, 2008 3:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can Load repositories when we restart server again with autostart=1 as mentioned by Saurabh earlier, but there is no mechanism that we can automatically connect also to them.

BR,

Alok

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this If your Database sever is not connected properly with MDM server it won't work and show a lock symbol to MDM server.

After everything is fine Database listener service with MDM will get start.

After that for all the preexist repositories you have to load.

Please refer this also

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/f7/f11270ef3b4590bd4d0e1fc875bda7/content.htm

Hope it helps,Please reward

Rgds

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak Gupta on Mar 6, 2008 8:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

Apart from above answer i am sure following URLs will add more insights:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/f7/f11270ef3b4590bd4d0e1fc875bda7/content.htm]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/34/a2e71ecec8402ab31c7618ea80c5f5/content.htm]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/21/5540c3cc6e4d82a4804d74b2cd1421/content.htm]

Hope it will suffice to hint you.

With Warm Regards,

Krutarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot automate the MDM server Restart process.

Initially check out whether your database is working fine,because if the database is not working it shows Invalid(!) symbol or there is no connectivity between MDM and database it shows a locked symbol.

After the database is started check with MDM server,Import and syndiacator server.Then start the database listener service at last.

Whenever you restart the server all repositories are unloaded ,you have to manuaaly load them everytime you restart the server.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Nisha