Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between ECATT and SCAT scripts..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between ECATT and SCAT transaction codes.

Regards

Rakesh

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

SECATT lets you run eCATTs, SCAT lets you run CATTs

eCATTs are like CATTs on steroids & has a fair bit more functionality than standard CATTs. eCATTs are (in my opinion) harder to learn than CATTs as the extra functionality makes them more complex

run both transactions and have a look around to see what they have to offer etc

0 Kudos

>

> eCATTs are like CATTs on steroids & has a fair bit more functionality than standard CATTs. eCATTs are (in my opinion) harder to learn than CATTs as the extra functionality makes them more complex

I agree about the complexity and the learning curve, but I've experienced that ECATTs can handle more complex screens and subscreens like in PFCG. I think it's definately worth the investment to learn how to create and use ECATT scripts. I must admit that I've only learned what (I think) I need. So I could be missing a lot.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

I agree eCATTs are the better product - what they can do in the hands of a developer is quite incredible. Copying or deriving roles is very fast & straightforward, though in terms of speed of creating a script populating the org level popup is maybe takes 50% longer in eCATTs than CATTs and there are the obvious limitations with both tools

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

and pls don't forget LSMW.

I recently found this to be a very powerfull tool.

0 Kudos

Auke, what would you say the pro's & con's of LSMW vs e/CATTs for security work? I've only looked at it a couple of times & stuck with what I know! If you think it's worth taking another look at then I might sometime.

0 Kudos

After executing SCAT scripts I found it save lots of time, but once i tried ECATT i found the functionality more complex and failed to proceed.Can somebody guide me on these.

Regards

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

There are lots of ecatt tutorials on the internet (there are a few on SDN too) so use ecatt as a search term and follow the exercises. You will soon pick it up if you got CATTs to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Rakesh.