cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Content Deployment - History

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

Is there is a way to figure out the list of all the portal contents deployed in the portal. ( including date and time).

On the ABAP stack we have import history and we can check list of transports, in same way how can see the list of portal contents deplyed to PORTALS.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Rrs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ratan,

Interesting topic - it would depend on how your group has been exporting content (assuming that you are talking about Portal Content and not Java Development). By default, the export tool will overwrite the previous export file if you don't have a procedure in place to make new files for each export. Other then that, I don't think that there is a log of activity or content. For this I nornally require my content admins for Portals to create a unique folder for each project, a sub-foler for each section, and a single file for each export - adding a revision number to the end of each file as they export them.

A long explination for - the system doesn't do it but you can setup something so you can manage it yourself.

My method above helps to keep things in order and you can go look back at the export files and what was in them for this purpose. I also change the export/import directory for the Dev to QA Portal so Basis doesn't need to baby-sit the developers moving content between those two systems and so Developers don't need access to the file system. (Dev export directory is on an NFS between Dev and QA - QA import points to the NFS Dev export folder - so you can just import without doing anything). Somewhat like TMS - for prod I still have an NFS but Basis moves the files to the right import directory.

Hope that helps somewhat to get you going. May seem like overkill but when you get 5-10 portal developers moving quickly, it helps to keep it all in synch with the ECC transports!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Rrs

Answers (0)