cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No approval workflow found. Inform system administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring Workflow in SRM. while configuring from transaction SWU3, i clicked on SAP Business Workflow icon, no entries are listed in Inbox here. I am not sure whether this is the cause to get error 'No approval workflow found. Inform system administrator ' when i am trying to create and order shopping cart. Please advise. I am trying all this in training version.

Thank You,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra-

It sounds like you have not maintained the start conditions for your worflows.

After the required workflows are configured you need to define which workflow should be started for your particular scenario.

You maintain start conditions with tcode SWB_PROCUREMENT.

Define the workflow to be started for the related object, i.e. Shopping cart = BUS2121

You must have a unique workflow to be initiated for the object, you can't have overlapping conditions.

At minimum a single WF should be set to start for your object.

Regards-

b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Brian,

But i have activated below start conditions for BUS2121.

Two Step Approval of Shopping Cart

Workflow Without Approval Shopping Cart

One Step approval of shopping cart

Please advise.

Thank You,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra-

One thing you can do to see what WF templates are really activated and ready to start is to simulate a shopping cart create event. Use tcode SWU0 to simulate for object BUS2121 and event SAVED. You should see the 3 WF templates you noted under the successfully started node. If they don't list here you need to verify the WF is really activated.

If they do show you need to check the conditions you have maintained - does you SC data meet at least one of the defined start conditions? If not edit your condition/s to have the conidtion meet your carts criteria.

Regards-

b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I checked exactly as you said above by simulating the object BUS2121 and i can see 3 WF templates under the successfully started node. And then i checked the conditions in each of these templates. my shopping cart requests comes (i have 3 shopping cart requests with different values on hold) under one of these templates. I don't see any overlap also. I am trying to do excercises from SRM210 doc.

Did i miss some thing else, please advise.

Thank You,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are all the customising steps in tracn SWU3 done properly(They should all be green)?

Also see the foll thread for more pointers:

BR,

Disha

DO reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thank You for your help, but still i am getting the same error "No approval workflow found. Inform system administrator".

Customising steps in tracn SWU3 are not all green, some are red. I am following the steps from SRM210 doc. Not all are green, but I did as said in doc. In doc it says to click on SAP Business Workplace. Then I can see other screen, there are no entries listed in Inbox in RightHandSide of the screen.

I don't know how to attach screen prints here. Please give me your mail id i will send you screen prints. Or u pl send me a test mail to chandranachu@gmail.com.

Thank You,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra-

I am jumping past SWU3, as some can be red, and you were able to simulate the start of your tasks. I am still thinking you have an issue in your start conditions. Thus I suggest you use the test function in the start condition editor to verify the start condition you think is going to start really will be started.

In SWB_PROCUREMENT select the condition you expect to be started for the shopping carts you have on hold. In the detail condition editor view select the button for "enter test data" (ctrlshiftf3).

In the popup double click the object "EVT_OBJECT". In the lower section you will see BUS2121 and an input field. Use the search help in this field to enter your shopping cart number in the search dialog.

Now click the abacus icon (f8) - it will give a condition result of true or false. You can use the detail icon (ctrlshiftf4) to see the detailed analysis of your start condition. This is helpful if you get an unexpected error.

If this fails why don't you post the items which remain "red" in SWU3 for further input.

Regards-

b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

1.Thank You very much for detailed solution. I followed the steps exactly as you said. When i test start conditions for one step and two step approval flow, condition result for corresponding shopping carts is true. But even then, it says the same error 'No approval workflow found. Inform system administrator' when i try to order these shopping carts.

2. But when i test condition 'no approval required' with corresponding shopping cart, it says ''SLMANAGERUSER' is not a component of data object '_EVT_OBJECT' " at status bar. When i click on continue here, it says 'Condition contains errors. Choose check'.

In SWU3 all are green under 'Maintain Runtime Environment' now, but not in other hirarchies like 'Check entries from HR Control Tables'. Since there are some errors from HR Control tables.

Can you please advise me with both points 1 and 2 above.

Thank You,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra-

Responses to your points:

Point 1:

If you have 2 workflow start conidtions which return true it will cause issue. For a given SC only a single start condition should return true. The conditions must be exclusive. Not sure if this is issue as your response that both were true is not totally clear. Were both conditions true for the same cart or for different carts?

Point 2:

It is indicating that you have an error in the condition you have maintained. I don't know of an element named "SLMANAGERUSER" (neither does the system thus the error). You need to replace this condition element with the correct container object, use the search help to ensure you get the correct value.

Regards-

b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

In part 1, i didn't tell you in clear. One condition returning true for only one shopping cart. Two step condition returning true for one shopping cart and One step condition returning true for another shopping cart. Even then the original error is coming when i try to order these two shopping carts. Please advise..

Regarding step 2, i will try as you said.

Thank You,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra-

Did you resolved the error in part 2? Are you still having the issue? If this is still failing I suggest you review OSS note 396779 which provides tips on how to resolve these types of issues.

Regards-

b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Brian. Now i don't have access to that client, so not able to check it. I will SAP Note. Tahnk You very much for all of your help.

Chandra.