cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client proxy Null pointer exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have a problem with ABAP client proxy. The scenario runs fine, but a few messages does not enter XI pipeline with a null pointer exception in RWB. When I click on Message Content of these errored messages, I get

500 Internal Server Error

SAP J2EE Engine/7.00

Application error occurred during request processing.

Details: Error [javax.servlet.ServletException: null], with root cause [java.lang.NullPointerException: null].

Exception id: [00096BDD38BA00480003206B00002EE7000447B40745C832]

The strangest thing is if I retrigger the same message for processing from ABAP proxy, the message gets processed successfully.

Even in the successfully reprocessed errored message, I am not able to view the message content. I am able to view the message content in SXMB_MONI with out any problem.

Any ideas what could be the reason.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

This really starnge scenario.

I am not sure but probably this might be at peak of load for the server to be processs the ABAP proxy requests. Generally there are chances to raise the null pointer exception dpending upon the file size and the peak time of processing.

Have you verified any abrrupt things in performance monitoring in RWB.

also refer 859465 - NullPointerException in DTR/XI running on AIX

Thanks

Swarup

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

> probably this might be at peak of load for the server

You are Right, When we sent less number of records and more time gap..We will not come across this issue.

The Database in the SAP XI / PI Content causes this issue.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup and Doss,

Many thanks. Infact this error arises during peak loads in XI server. During week end we used to send batch of records from R/3. It happens only during this processing. Have not analysed performance monitoring so far. Will try that and see if I can get some more details.

Thanks,

Jaishankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shankar,

this is because of server timeout in processing messages.

its better to increase dialog processes.

basis can help u out.

when u install XI box u have a default processing power as 85k

just check ur XI power and tune it accordingly with u basis.

XI can handle up to 1 trillion messages.

Regards,

Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

I doubt Timeout is the cause for this problem coz. we used to get Time out errored messages apart from the Null pointer Exception messages. When I resend a Timedout message from RWB it gets processed sucessfully. But when I resend a null pointer exception message from RWB, the same error occurs again. Only if I resend the message from R/3 it is getting processed successfully.

I will try this setting too. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Jaishankar

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaishankar,

The Same Issue I come acrossed in my previous project, The Scenerio was ABAP Proxy to Database.

We resolved this issue by raising OSS. The Issue got resolved by deployed a jar file in XI Server what SAP suggested thru OSS ticket.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss