cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not login to Visual admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a EP Server. I could not login to the visual admin using administrator passwrod.

but the server is up and running.

When i login to portal and unlock teh adminstrator user id it get locked immediately

Pls let me know the reason for the same

The SLD has alos shut down

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In config tool please change the password and try, this may help you, Some time ago its worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the password in config tool and started teh server

But once the server is started the Adminsitrator user id gets locked again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check if the license has expired.

Regards

Shaji

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

When you logon the portal and unlock the Administrator account, what is the lock reason in the UME (reason why the system locked the account)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi balaji,

check it in UME whether the password is locked or user is locked. Because in my case the password get locked oftely due to i gave the user in one service(Visual administrator).For every 10 min the job will run for updating the data's so due to the wrong password its get locked. Then we worked on finding the users used in that system after findings we changed the passwords in all the places. Then its worked for me.

So check the users where and you mapped like that. Its my suggestion.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

If you are on support pack stack 10 or high then you will have an option saying that password will not expire anylong.

You can just click on it in visual admin for the user admin

make this settings when you are logged in as sap* user.

Also check the password parameters in congif tool.

Hope this helps.

Reward points iof helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

I would guess that if you can logon to the Portal as the Administration user and unlock the ID, additionally it locks itself after a bit of time, you probably have some reference to this system using the Admin user with a bad password. I have seen this when doing SLD registration if you don't use a user other than the Admin user. Check all your automatic connections to this - especially if you use the SLD for a PI system as it has a much larger load and is usually connected with an Admin user for most test installations.

Kind'a of a broad spectrum to check out but anyhow, need to check it all out to make sure that something isn't locking the account.

If the license expired, the portal would shut-down after about 30 minutes but you can still logon.

Thanks and let us all know what you find.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The license is not expired

teh EP is up and running all the time

Only the administrator user id is getting locked after 5 seconds after unlocking it