Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine 04s SP13 installation problems

former_member85655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to install the J2EE Engine SP13 the installation terminates soon after with the below error. The J2EE instance installed is F36. This hasnt been created yet so what does it mean restart required. The DB I am trying with is MaxDB but I try with SQL server and end up with the same JDBC exception there as well. I have used this installable earlier but now I dont know why it doesnt work. Tried several times. In a parallel forum someone said change the timezone to CET and retry ,it again didnt work. I can see the MaxDB! instacnce that got created and the service runs in my windows services. Please help !

Mar 5, 2008 10:53:36 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

INFO: Jload -sec F36,jdbc/pool/F36 -job import.xml

Mar 5, 2008 10:53:37 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

Mar 5, 2008 10:53:37 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload logStackTrace

SEVERE: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sapdb://localhost/F36 [Restart required].

at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB.connect(DriverSapDB.java:183)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:522)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:276)

at com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection.connectViaSecureStore(DBConnection.java:105)

at com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection.connect(DBConnection.java:149)

at com.sap.inst.jload.Jload.main(Jload.java:580)

-

error during DB import F36, please have a look at the log files

(install.log and jload logs)

Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member85655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The account is not locked . I dont know why it doesn work !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just a few tips,

Did you run the Prerequisite Checker and hope all the conditions for met for Priority 'HIGH'

As which 'user' are you trying to install. Does the user have all Admin right, and DB group etc.

Reset your passwords for and restart the system.

Follow the Install Doc : https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700006450172006E

Can you paste more infor from the logs pls

Regards

Shaji

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Refer this thread: [JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/21244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Regards, Suresh KB

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check to see if the MaxDB database is running normally, maybe something is amiss on the DB side, or maybe the Log is full. I suggest to take a look at the knldiag/knldiag.err files and check if the vserver/xserver is running .

Regards,

Roland

former_member85655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What does that mean. How do I check that. I could login with SQL Studio to the MaxDB1 isntance.so that means its not locked right.Also its not possible that even SQL server is locked when we try with SQL server.

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with MAXDB

in oracle the SQL command is

select username, account_status from dba_users;

USERNAME ACCOUNT_STATUS

-

-

OPS$SIDADM OPEN

OPS$ORSID OPEN