Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing large amount of images

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM 5.5.42.98

Hi,

recently I realized that uploading a large amount of images via Data Manager results in an error after approx. 2430 images. I am quite sure that this problem did not occur before the upgrade from 5.5.40.x.

I can select all images, but when I click on OK to upload, the status bar goes up to 100%, however only 2430 images are uploaded. The last image aborts with an error, because the file name is cut (2549356.jpg --> 2549). The import status is Complete.

When I continue with the next image, it again uploads only 2430 images. I can upload more pictures on my laptop than on a server. Sizing problem?

Any ideas?

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Are you saying the 2430 limit is only happening when loading from the server, but you can load more than that from your laptop? Are you actually talking about loading to two separate MDM servers, or just trying to load to the same repository but from two different places?

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first thanks for taking the time.

I first saw that problem on a client architecture MDM on AIX, Data Manager on Citrix Server --> 2430 images. Then I tried it on my local laptop, i.e. MDM and Data Manager and everything else on one machine. It could upload approx. 2800 images. Now I tried on our test system, i.e. MDM on Win2003-Server, Data Manager on my laptop --> 2430.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

This is a known limitation of windows. In order to deal with this issue, a new option has been introduced in SP6 Patch 2, the "Folder" button in the "Add Images" dialog. This allows you to select a folder of images. All of the images located in that folder, and/or all if it's subfolders will be loaded.

Hope this resolved your issue,

Neta

Answers (0)