cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicator not outputing to port

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to syndicate records to a port, but nothing is appearing in my Outbound folder. It says it successfully syndicated x amount of records but where is this information going??? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

First of all tell me are you trying with automatic syndication or manual syndication?

Automatic:

If you are going for Automatic syndication then you need to configure two things well.First of all the MDIS and your POrt properties.In the port properties you need to mention your map and make the processing type as automatic.At the same time you need to configure you ini file nad give your rep details.

Manual:

For mnaul syndication it will alwyas ask you the location where you wnat to syndicate your file as you can syndicate on your local system any where as well as you ports ready folder.So once you mention the path correctly the file will go and sit there properly.

Hope it helps

Let me know if you still face any problem

Thanks & Regards

Simona PInto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the actual Syndicator tool.

In the Console, I have setup my Outbound port and have been using it as type Manual.

In the Syndicator tool, I have setup my Destination Properties as

Type: Port

Remote System: (system name)

Port: outbound port name

I click OK and it brings up the MATMAS05 IDOC in the Destination area of the Item Mapping. I have my fields mapped. I click the Destination Preview tab and the XML document looks accurate. I click the Syndicate button and it says:

"Exporting to Port"

File: Writing to Port

60 of 60 records exported.

I click OK but nothing is showing up in my Outbound folder. It never asks me where I want to save it.

I tried changing the Outbound type to Automatic and I get the exact same results.

Edited by: Ryan Hall on Mar 5, 2008 6:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

If you select Port in the destination properties and give the name of the remote system and the port,then when you press the syndication button the file is syndicated to the respective ports ready folder.

For this to work in the desired manner you need to choose the saved map's name for that ports under the details properties pane in the console.

when you save the map under a port then on syndication the the file will be placed in that ports ready folder.You also need to change the remote system name from MDM to your remote sytem name in the map properties.

This settings should work fine,it is working fine for me.

Hope it helps

Reward points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona PInto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with the Syndication Server tool. I have it installed but when I run it, it does not appear to do anything.

I have the Remote System and Map setup in the Console.

Is there other behind the scenes configuration that may be incorrect? I've been trying to look around for various INI files, but am not really sure what I'm working with there. Where is the actual outbound path structure specified?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

The main problem that you are facing is that the records are not actually getting exported into the Outbound ready Folder.

With all your configurations, just add 1 more thing and check out:

In the MAP PROPERTIES Tab in the syndicator, in the OUTPUT REMOTE SYSTEM choose your respective Remote system. ( MDM is by default, you need to change it).

I hope after this addition, you will get your records syndicated in the Outbound ready Folder of that Remote system.

• Please reward points if found useful.

Thanks and regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried changing the Output Remote System under Map Properties and still nothing showing up in the Outbound folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out the problem. The whole time I was monitoring the wrong folder. I was expecting the XML files to be sent to the Outbound Ready folder for our XI interface, not the Outbound Ready folder where the MDM Server was installed.

Thanks for your help. Points rewarded.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

In addition to what Micheal said, If you are trying to use the syndication server, then in the map properties, you need to mention your Output Remote system.

And then save the map in the Port details.( In console)

Then the syndicated records will automatically go in the Outbound ready folder.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

But where the adressi.e till ready folder is mentioned.

Because i want to use FTP Server and i want my exportyed map to be saved in that FTP server.

Can u plz help me out in this regardASAP.

Thanks & Regards

Nagalakshmi

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

do you use the Syndicator or the Syndication Server? When using the Syndicator with a manual syndication, you usually get a "Save As" pop up where you define the location where the file is stored. In this case it's possible that this is not the port folder...

BR Michael