cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD question..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I removed one SWC from SLD. Again I imported that SWC which i have zip file exported earlier. When i import, is this allocate new GUID. Now the question is there any effect to my existing Objects in IR. Is there any effect to my scenarios if I change them.

Currently they are fine because of existing runtime cache objects. Any idea..

Thanks,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys for your answers. Now, it is resolved.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks all. I checked GUIDs. both are same. Actually I copied my GUID and associated after creating a new one to make sure things will work.

Now, I am getting some problem reagrding dependency. Actually i have to see my underlying SWCV and which I could not see. Is there some reason for it. Do i need to activate something.

any ideas,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

It will definately affect to the existing SWC in Integration Repository.

The GUID is the unique ID generated for each SWC. If you delete and export the same in SLD then the GUID gets changed.

If you see your SWC in IR you will find it with the GUID.

Thus you need to re-import the SWC to work the whole scenario and replace the GUID also that identifies the SWC as conatiner while processing the interface.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Mar 5, 2008 5:57 PM

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Name of the SWC is only at the User level. Internally system keeps track of only GUIDs. In you case, it would definetly create problems.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinivas,

i think it wont effect ,as EXPORT feature in SLD will take care of exporting objects which can be imported in future.

i exported 9 lakh components from DEV and imported components in quality .

i trsnported dev repository to quality as to production through cms.

it worked fine.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

yes, its will affect, because when you delete and created other SWC with same name, the ID is diferents, so when you execute the scenario it will fails, same que you transport it, you will have a conflict if you transport the old SWC previous.

Thanks

Rodrigo