Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying production data to training server and quality server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi We will be copying production data to user training server and quality server .I wanted to know how should we take care of sensitive dat .

Shoud we restrict the user access or scramble the data or what are other options ..

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say that if your Training and QA systems have the same security access and monitoring in place as the Production system source, and you are confident in your security... then you can take the risk of securing the data twice or three times as much.

The safer bet is to anonymize the data. People might also be more willing to take more risks at making dodgy moves in a Training system, than in a Production system... (even if the access is the same in both).

There are a few tools available for anonymizing data.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius for the answer..

Can you tell more about anontmizing the data and tools available in market for this ..

0 Kudos

Hello "SAPChizal"...

I cannot make any specific product recommendations (I am neither a consultant nor a salesman), but we do use such tools in some of our systems.

I found a SAPTechEd'07 session in a search which might be a good place to start: http://www.sapteched.com/emea/edu_sessions/session.htm?id=596

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

so in the traning client nobady want to modify the producation

data then we have client security GO to SCC4 and select u r

client and restrict like nochanges and allowed, no over write