cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide data services in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined several RFC destinations in the NWCE system using the NWA. I have granted the VisualComposer role to several users to allow them to model their own applications. However, I don't want them to have access the all RFC destinations. Currently I'm not able to restrict the list of data services that is offered to the VC user. In particular, all RFC destination defined in the system are listed.

Has anybody an idea how to approach this problem?

Regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Interesting use case

The only thing I can think of will not prevent users from accessing restricted 'areas' but will at least help you pointing them to their zones:

Since the mapping of users per system is done on the NWA tool, you may create duplicated destinations for each such destination that you want to give different users to.

For example, say you have a system Sys1 on which UserA has only read permissions and User2 has write permissions

User1 and User2 are the users of the backend system Sys1

Now assume you have 2 VC users, for example VC1 and VC2, who you would like to give the repective permissions, for example, VC1 can have read permissions on Sys1 and VC2 can have write permissions.

Create 2 destinations, named VC1_Sys1 and VC2_Sys1 where the backend user used in each system is the respective one so that for system VC1_Sys1 you would use User1 and for the VC2Sys1 you would use User2

Although VC1 and VC2 may now search on both systems (as I said there is no way to filter the existing systems configured in the NWA), they could be directed to the systems prefix-ing with their names accordingly

Again, not an ideal solution but at least can tackle a portion...

Guy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

thank you for the answer. Using naming conventions is a posibility to give the visual composer user at least some hints which services should be used. However, for security-relevant data services it's not possible to allow everybody to use everything.

Since the Visual Composer is intented to be used not only by developers but also by business experts there should be some kind of restrictions of data service access. Are there any thoughts in this direction by SAP?

Best regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as I know there were some discussions about roles and related topics in Visual Composer but I am not aware of concrete plans

I think your input/requirement is valid and will consider it in our plans

Thanks a lot

Guy