Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem defining eventing between iViews

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I builded the example BankDetails from Service Marketplace Alias /nw-vc.

Everything went fine. I created the output port and the input port according to the demo.

The problem is that I can't connect the two ports of the iViews. If I click and drag on the output port of the first iView nothing happens. No line is drawn as mentioned in the demo. Has anybody an idea what I am doing wrong?

Regards Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having a similar doubt.I have created two iviews connected in the same way. While deploying two run views are visible. So when i am clicking the submit no navigation is done. Please help me. How two run views will communicate?Its urgent

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did nothing wrong. The behavior you're describing is perfectly fine.

Keep in mind that when defining eventing between iViews you're not linking the 2 iviews directly but rather letting one iView to produce an event (the "out" port) and another iView listen to the same event (the "in" port).

This means that a few iViews can listen to the same event and respond to it.

Hope this helps,

Lior

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

but in the demo they drag a line from the first iView (BankListiView) to the second iView (BankDetailiView).

But beside of that: If I don't need such a line the eventing should work but it doesn't.

The output port is named Bank_Event and the input port is also named Bank_Event. What else I have to do to get the eventing working?

Thanks for the help, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that:

1. Both signals are configured with the same name (case sensitive)

2. Both signals are configured with the same namespace (again - case sensitive)

3. The out signal is indeed activated by an event.

4. The input signal is connected to another interactor \ data service in the receiving iview.

- Lior

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the out port has the following data:

- Name: Bank_Event

- EPCM event: com.sap.visualcomposer:epcm

- Protocol: SIG_OUT

the in port has the following data:

- Name: Bank_Event

- EPCM event: com.sap.visualcomposer:epcm

- Protocol: SIG_IN

I don't know what you mean with point 2, 3 and 4

The first iView looks like this:

Input Form -submit-> Bapi_Bank_GetList -

> Bank List Table -select-> Bank_Event

The output port has four fields:

BANK_CTRY string

BANK_KEY string

BANK_NAME string

CITY string

In the first column of the field table no input is possible. In the demo the fields were checked but I can't check the fields. Is this a problem?

The second iView looks like this:

Bank_Event -signal-> Bapi_Bank_Get_Detail -

> Bank Address Form

The input port has two fields:

BANKCOUNTRY string

BANKKEY string

Thanks, Michael

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow,

I achieved to create another model in which the two iViews communicate with another.

Then I realized that the output and the input parameters of the BAPIs that I am calling have to have the SAME names.

In my example the BAPI BAPI_BANK_GETLIST has the export parameters:

- BANK_CTRY

- BANK_KEY

- BANK_NAME

- CITY

so the corresponding output port of my iView has the same fields, with those names mentioned above.

My second BAPI BAPI_BANK_GETDETAIL in the second iView has the following import parameters:

- BANKCOUNTRY

- BANKKEY

and the corresponding input port of this second iView has the same named fields.

Because the fields of the input/output ports must have the same names, in my case they doesn't match together.

So i created a FunctionModule of my own named Z_BAPI_BANK_GETDETAIL. The only thing I changed were the names of the import parameter:

BANKCOUNTRY to BANK_CTRY

BANKKEY to BANK_KEY.

I tried to replace the BAPI with my FunctionModule in the iView, but this didn't change anything.

Then I started to build a new model with my FunctionModule in it and it worked!

After this exercise everthing is clear and logical.

The thing what was confusing me is this Demo-Video under:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700002935352004E/VC_Advanced.wmv

In this video they use the BAPIs BAPI_BANK_GETLIST and BAPI_BANK_GETDETAIL. Like me in the first try. They also have different names for the import and export parameters.

BUT they draw a line between the output port of the first iView to the input port of the second iView!

Then they rename the fields in the input port!

This makes sense. But with my VisualComposer this doesn't work.

Do they have another version?

Is this the followup version?

Where can I get this version?

With kind regards,

Michael Teubner