cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product / location Master data update via a Excel file upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Is there a standard method in APO by which we can use the mass maintenance strategy of udating certain fields of a Product / Location master using a Flat file upload.

i.e.

say I need to update the Stock Transfer horizons for certain Product / Locations which I get in the excel format in following manner :

Product Location Stock Transfer Horizon

Prod A Loc 1 55

Prod B Loc 1 20

Prod A Loc 2 30

When I upload the above flat file the the Stock Transfer horizon field for the above Product locations ( Prod A / Loc 1, Prod B / Loc 1, Prod A / Loc 2 ) should be updated accordingly with values 55, 20 and 30 respectively.

Pls let me know if there is any standard tool or I need to go for a customized program.

Thanks & regards

Ameet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are not going to do this regularly and dont plan to automate it you would be better off using the MASSD transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use excel upload to update the master data you can use LSMW and BAPI.

In your case if you dont want to do any validation before uploading and just insert the new values based on product location you can use LSMW.

You can also use BAPI "BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2" to update the master data using excel.

You need to write a program to use BAPI for upload and also build validations for correct upload.

Also if its a periodic process you can also schedule the program in background for upload through BAPI.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanjog,

can u tell me how i can pass parameters to this BAPI. i'm having some problems regarding that..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanjog,

can u tell me how i can pass parameters to this BAPI. i'm having some problems regarding that..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you be specific regarding what is the problem that you are facing, also please start a new thread so that it is easy for everyone to track.

Thanks,

Sanjog

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is just a handful of Location Products, you can explore the MASSD transaction functionality to set specific changes to Location Product master fields. ALternatively you can develop a LSMW script (using LSMW transaction) using the xls as a load file to make the change. There are couple of messages in this forum on LSMW that you may want to check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameeth,

As for as I know you have to create custom program to load the excel file and then update the product master.

Best Regards,

Srini