cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy / Update / Undeploy with NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm developping a webdynpro java application. To test the application i deployed it on the netweaver server using the NWDS (netweaver developer studio) : application-->Deploy new archive and run.

Questions :

1 - If i update one page in my application, i need to deploy a new archive again, does this deploiement replace the previous one ?

2 - Should i undeploy the application when i don't need it anymore. For example the applications i deployed while testing ? if so, how to do so on NWDS ?

3 - Should i use this way of deploiement when we pass to production ? or is it just for developpement ?

Thanks.

Maya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maya,

When you deploy & run your webdynpro java application in NWDS , you have come to the following doubts,

1 - If i update one page in my application, i need to deploy a new archive again, does this deploiement replace the previous one ?

Ans. -> When you update one page in your application ,Afcourse, you need to deploy your application again, and it will surely replaces the previous one, as whenever you deploy and run the application, everytime J2EE server, makes a new class file. in it's workspace.

2 - Should i undeploy the application when i don't need it anymore. For example the applications i deployed while testing ? if so, how to do so on NWDS ?

Ans. -> Don't need to undeploy the app.

3 - Should i use this way of deployment when we pass to production ? or is it just for developpement ?

Ans.-> This is just for development purpose.

Best Regards,

Shital

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your first three questions answers are already given.

Regarding sap test id-

It is just a test id generated by server. it shows that you are testing the application on server. Once you use the application in portal this will not come. You can change the id to anything like 15,20 and run it directly from browser, it will work.

Regards

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak Tiwari on Mar 5, 2008 5:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's a lot evryone for your helpful answers.

Conlusion :

- In development :

- i deploy the application using the NWDS.

- the new version replaces the last version

- no need to undeploy the application not used

- In production :

- i deploy the application using the deploy tool on the J2EE server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Its depends how to replace the version that is if

u upgrade the version then no need to deploy again

but if u r replacing the new version u need to deploy again

beacuse u class file is not available in the new version.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

*u neeed to deploy again . because once u deploy your class file will automatically created in the j2ee serveer so u need to diply again.

• local means you r creating application in your workspace that is within the system.

i hope your problem will solve

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will replaces the previous one....Whenver you deploy your application an ear file generated and updated when it is deployed on thesame server.

Regards

Chandran S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you quick answers.

When i deploy the application my URL looks like this :

.../webdynpro/dispatcher/local/....?SAPtestId=12

what does local mean ?

why does it have a counter SAPtestId = 1...12 ?

does this means anything special ?

if i deploy the application using the NWDI, shall i still have these parameters ?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maya,

Local means simply within your system and SAP test ID is a special counter ID ,it comes in URL when u try to run your application.

Regards,

Shital.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

.../webdynpro/dispatcher/local/....?SAPtestId=12

what does local mean ?

Here /local/ means that your deployment is local to your server. You can find this .jar file in directory path of you server as follows:

\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\local\<ProjectName>

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You need to deploy the application once again if you make some changes to your application. It will replace the existing application with the new one.

2. If you want to remove the application then you need to undeploy it using the remoteGUI or from Visual Admin.

3. For a real time scenarios you should go for NWDI.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Murtuza