cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is: we are getting different EDI orders from 5 different customers and should post them in ERP as sales orders:

we are using AS2 adapter as sender and only one mail box is used to collect the data: For this,

1.Do we need to create 5 sender CC's or one CC would serve my purpose:

2.The data(feilds to be mapped) for the orders would be different for 5 customers, so obviosuly 5 different message mappings.

3. would any more suggestions , so that i can only need to built 1 AS2 sender and solve this?

4. One receiver agreement and reveiver determination for IDOC receiver, where the orders are posted in ERP as sales orders.

Please clairfy,

Thanks in advance.

Smith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any More Suggestions please..

Cheers,

Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In AS2 adapter we have two things

1) AS2 id where we maintain the AS2 ID of customer

2) Message subject where w put the subject of message which is coming from the file.

So based on both the information ur Sener agreement and ur corresponding RD and ID will execute.

U can use common IDOC channel for all the customers.

Chirag

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Could you please explain me about this splitter configuration in detail.This would really help me to simplify my scenario.Any step by step would really help.

Cheers,

Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Thanks for your reply.

As per some forum questions answered by you and other guys..

AS2 ID: Is a WAN number provided by the WAN provider which is need to recognise from which partner the data came.

As I mentioned you, we are picking data from the mailbox...so in this AS2 ID: I beleive we need to provide the mailbox details where from the data is being picked. OR Do we need to provide from which WAN number of the customer, is sending the data to the mailbox. I'm confused. Please correct me.

Regarding the message subject, the message subject for all of them will be ORDERS, so i dont think this message subject would help us.

Please clarify?

Thanks in advance,

Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Phani,

Thanks for your response.

We are picking from one mail box, so only one CC will be used.

But the message mapping(source message(message type (ORDHDR) and the target message(ORDERS05)) are same then how to differentaite which file will under go which mapping?

for ex:

If the customers like A, B, C,D,E sending files like A1, B1, C1,D1, E1 and when we all pick them in one go..which file will be routed to MM1, MM2, MM3, MM4 and MM5 and since the files will be coming in different time intervals from all of them , where can we specify which file should undergo which mapping? please clarify

Thanks,

Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

Based upon your splitter configuration in seeburger workbench your edi documents will be routed to their respective configurations.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur picking the file from 5 different servers then u have to create 5 communication channels,If ur picking from different location then u can use 1 sender communication channel.

If u ahve different structure then u need to create 5 mappings.

Receiver will be one,so receiver agreement and receiver determination will be one.

Regards,

Phani