cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSP Single file update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know that there is a function in visual admin called single file update, but it is not that convenient as it requires me to select mapping too. (I don't know why WAS need this.. why can't it just compare the file name itself?)

Usually I make a few changes in the jsp file, then I want to see how it works in runtime env. If the result is no good then I will make some adjustment immediately. The sigle file update is just too slow for this.. Does anyone have some good experiences in doing this? I guessed this is a very common problem to developers in WAS Java env.

(Actually I come across something called local J2EE engine, but I didn't read into this yet, is this a possible solution?)

Thanks,

Jockey.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maksim.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jockey,

If the problem is solved, please close the thread and assign points.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jockey,

you can find your jsp from enterprise application and change them there. For example standart jsp example from J2EE engine http://localhost:50000/Hello/com/sap/engine/examples/hello/jsp/Hello.jsp. You can find and edit jsp file somewhere here C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\Hello\servlet_jsp\Hello\root\com\sap\engine\examples\hello\jsp\Hello.jsp and if you would edit it you can see changes immediately.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.