cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saprouter doesn't start as service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We faced with some troubles with our system (based on MSWin2003).

Our saprouter worked correct before using SNC connect to SAP.

Now, when we try to start saprouter via services.msc we get

error 1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

On MS site I have found article where describes the same problem with other service. Article told us that the problem in Framework.NET and recommends to upgrade it. Here is the link [NET Framework|http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839174]

Now saprouter works only in console mode.

d:\saprouter\saprouter.exe -r -K "p:CN=<our_servername>, OU=<our_cust_numb>, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE"

With the same string in services saprouter doesn't work.

Thanks

Artem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

I had the same issue here.

If you look at the properties of the saprouter service in service manager, you'll notice that the p:CN=<our_servername>, OU=<our_cust_numb>, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" part is clipped at p:CN=<our_servername>,

What I did to fix this, is delete the spaces.

So do

ntscmgr remove saprouter

ntscmgr install saprouter -b d:\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p "service -r -K "p:CN=<our_servername>,OU=<our_cust_numb>,OU=SAProuter,O=SAP,C=DE""

Then try start the service.

Let me know if that worked.

Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Removing the spaces has worked for me. Thanks a lot Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Login using <sidadm> and then use the following command to install the router aas service in windows:

ntscmgr install SAProuter -b <path like usr/sap/saprouter>\saprouter.exe -p "service -r <parameters>"

Hope this helps!!!!

Reward points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have gone from the point of descussion.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong:

1st - when I start saprouter error 1053 occured: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. It must start by sidadm user.

2nd - you told me that I can use "service" parameter in command line. And I ask you: Will saprouter appear in services.msc as service or will it be work in "background" without appear in services.msc?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

1st - when I start saprouter error 1053 occured: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. It must start by sidadm user.

This seems that the user you are trying to start the router does not have the permissions at os level so user <sidadm> to start the router.

2nd - you told me that I can use "service" parameter in command line. And I ask you: Will saprouter appear in services.msc as service or will it be work in "background" without appear in services.msc?

Normally we start the router at command prompt by using the command saprouter -r <parameters> at the os level in the folder usr/sap/saprouter

But as you want to make it as windows service you have to first install it as a service then only you can use it as a service.Simply typing service in the command can not make the router to be installed as service.If you want to install this as a service then you have to execute the command which i have posted in my previous post.

Hope this helps!!!

Reward points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing to check is to make sure this is running under the [sid]adm account. SNC won't work if the service is setup to run under the Administrator account.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To run saprouter as a windows service, you need the parameter "service" on the command line.

Exemple seen from properties of one of our saprouter service :

C:\usr\sap\SAPRouter\saprouter.exe service -r -R C:\usr\sap\SAPRouter\routtab

Regards,

Olivier

Nuno_Raposo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I had this problem and I solved it with your suggestion. Thank you very much.

Best regards

Nuno Raposo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Artem,

If I am not mistaken, the router should be started like

d:\saprouter\saprouter.exe service -r <routtab-file-location> -K "CN=<our_servername>, OU=<our_cust_numb>, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE"

I have got it to work the above mentioned way. Try and let me know.

thanks

BMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answers!

If I'm using "service" parameter then I can start saprouter as service once, if I want to use saprouter as service with registration in services.msc, then I must using programm ntscmgr. Am I right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

>then I must using programm ntscmgr

No, You can use ntscmgr. You need a utility program to create the service.

You can use ntscmgr, instsvrw, sc create, or any utility of this kind.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, Olivier!

i.e. it doesn't mean what I do: use ntscmgr or use service in command line --> I'll get one result - SAPRouter will appear in services screen (services.msc). Isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You install it as a service with ntscmgr for exemple.

You change the logon user if you use SNC as Joe told you.

You can choose to select "Automatic" as startup type if you like.

Then you start the service.

Regards,

Olivier