cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Library Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with a WD DC that uses portal km classes.

This is what I tried:

1. External library DC with public part of type assembly and compilation. The WD DC uses the public parts of the External library DC at build and runtime. Build works locally, activation works, application on the first step of the WD works but when a view that uses the KM classes is displayed I get no Class def found for ContentException. When using the reference to the assembly public part a jar containing the jar files I added in the library folder of the External library DC is added directly in the sda of the WD DC.

2. External library DC with public part of type assembly and compilation. A J2EE library server component DC that uses the assembly public part of the External library DC. When built the J2EE library server component DC sda contains again a jar with jars libraries inside it. The WD DC references the J2EE server component library DC public part at runtime and the compilation public part of the External library DC at build time. At runtime again the same problem with the no Class Def ....

I also tried using a reference to the new J2EE library server component I created using the Web Dynpro Library references in the WD Project properties. It still doesn't work.

The only way it works is with a sharing reference to PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.km.application but this doesn't seem to be the way it should work...

I use Netweaver Developer Studio 2004s sp 11. The system is at sp14.

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Lucian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucian,

Add the external library DC (that contains the jar file) in the project Reference of your WD DC Project (where you are using the External Library).

Regards,

Mithu