cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please provide me a self elplanatory document for Jobs along with explnation of all technical words are engaged with jobs and their functions...like variant... etc..

Supratip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudipto

Jobs are setup using tcode SM36.

1. First we create a variant or parameter using SE38, put the program then select option variants, then put the variant name to be created and click create. We put the values and save the variant.

2. Variant selection variables i.e. field values of program selection criteria can be automated like current day, last month etc using selection variable and then use TVARVs.

3. The job is created using SM36. We put the name, then back ground job user, the program, variant name and language.

4. Each variant is called step. If we want to add one more step then we do create and step 2 is added.

5. Then when we go to SM36 screen we save the job and there is option to release job. This is immediate, event trigger, date and time etc.

6. Once job is set, you can see in SM37.

7. We can assign Spool recipient to job. Sppol recipient is created using SO15 and then assigned to job while it is created.

8. The job frequency can be daily, weekly, monthly or periodic.

9. Job weekly days can be decided using calendar assign to it.

The tables are TBTCP, TBTCO for details of job.

So the terms are job, job frequency, steps, variants/paramters, selection variable, spool recipient, background user.

Hope this is helpful. Reward accordingly.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its too gud n elobarate,

thanks ,

complete practical way,

Framed nicely--

i had some doubts in batch jobs,

now you have cleared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the words.

If you like please reward accordingly.

kind regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for ur reply....

What is event trigger?

And if any jobs get failed then how to analysize why that is failed... Please explain with example...

Supratip..

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep M,

I cant reward as I didnt post this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Event triggered jobs are started when some event is completed. I will explain with example. There will be credit card order received all day along. Hence the billing do happen for all these order over day. Now at the end of the day, last billing job last step will trigger the event eg. START_AUTH_SETTLEMENT. This will trigger settlement job for the credit card. Hence the job while defining is defined with trigger as event START_AUTH_SETTLEMENT..

Now when job gets cancelled. Go to SM37 put the job name. Put the date and time selection criteria to find the cancelled job. select job and go to job log. In job log u can see the last line which will give u error. It may fail due to some mandatory fields not filled in variant, or user auth issue, or perf issue or memory issue. Most of the times job cancellations other than obvious messages need to be analyzed by taking dump and asking ABAP to analyse.

Hope this helps. reward if helpful

kind regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your reply..

Please let me know how to define event trigger.

Supratip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Event trigger is a customized version of job:

We have defined a program (very small code) which will add a entry in table Z123 which will add a entry for that in this table. Now there will be a perennially running job with a program that will look at this table entry and check what all events are triggered and then find the job attached to it and go to SM37 and release the job.

This is a very useful functionality and can be done with very small program codes.

Kind regards

sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not a forum to post these kind of job threads;

request mderators to take action for these kind of thread posted by Sophie O'Connor

this will tend to spoil the very reason of this forum better to avoid such things b4 they get complex

regards,

anil