cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg - SAP - Installation - Notebook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm a new to BASIS. For training & testing purpose i need to install a SAP in my Notebook.

Pls advise what is the configuration need for SAP ECC 6.0 & Oracle.

In company they install SAP Ecc6.0 & DB2 in OS400. Pls advise is it possible to install in my notebook.

Pls give the easy steps for installtion...

Thanks in Advance...

Rajesh..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm a new to BASIS. For training & testing purpose i need to install a SAP in my Notebook.

Pls advise what is the configuration need for SAP ECC 6.0 & Oracle.

Please ask this question in the SAP on Oracle forum. There is a special testing installation for home installations that can be found in the SDN (but afaik with MaxDB). If you want to install the normal ECC 6.0 you will need quite a powerfull laptop with a real huge harddisk. But I don't think that you really want to do that.

In company they install SAP Ecc6.0 & DB2 in OS400. Pls advise is it possible to install in my notebook.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: If you want to install SAP on OS/400 (aka i5/OS) you will need i5/OS on that machine. And you cannot install that operating system on a typical x86-processor-based computer.

BTW: Have you checked if your companies licence agreement with SAP allows installing the software on private hardware?

Best regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

In training purpose if you want to install SAP with platform Windows & oracle.

Minimum Requirement:

RAM 1 or 2 GB

HDD 120GB

Processor morethen 2GHZ

Note:

Only windows platform

Kindly don't post SAP & oracle question. pls

In OS400 is hardware dependent operation system so you can't do any thing.

points welcome.

thanks

Jibin.