Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Choice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Don't provide any Links/BLOGS

Provide the answers according to your Experience on this Issue

I know that having at least two SLD's....one for DEV and QTy second for PRD.

If i have the SLD according to the Above means its well and good.

If not means, what are all the Difficulties/ Disadvantages and the Advantages in both the cases

Please let me know what are all the possible issues/advantages when we go for single SLD and Multiple SLD's

Thanks & Regards

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This explains ur query have u gone though this link u find pros and cons of having one SLD

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/29b1f3ea-0c01-0010-2dae-cc64bb38...

Edited by: Anusha Ramsiva on Mar 5, 2008 12:39 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

multiple SLD have more advantages than single SLD....

but when you choose Single SLD, the meaning of SLD is not maintained but these are my views:

Choose on these factors

1. How many systems you have in your landscape, do they have sepreate instance of installation

2. Number os interfacess?

lok this factors might not be ture for all but one of the customer landscape i was in they have installed the Dev,Quality,Sandbox on the same instacess and Prduction on sepreate.

roughly they have 2 SAP Systems and few Legacy..around 40 interfaces....we didn't had much thought on choosing single SLD.

in other casess we have aroung 5 SAP Systems and several Legacy...around 140 interfacess we had to choose muiltiple SLD....

If you ask me i would alwasy go for Multiple SLD, that keeps my envinorment good...we can also have Single SLD then it comes with the restriction of acess to other and you need to be more cautious.....

Single SLD comes with the lot of adavantages

1. No trasport of SLD

2. Less headache in terms of maintaince

disavantages i feel

1. very crucial since production is also on that...

2. Cannot let every one to acess

3. more vonulaerable to changes, creation systems..which is but risk since its prd envinorment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

I have few Queries for you,

>>when you choose Single SLD, the meaning of SLD is not maintained but these are my views:

This means the meaning of SLD is shld maintain a Single SLD or Multiple SLD's

>>in other casess we have aroung 5 SAP Systems and several Legacy...around 140 interfacess we had to choose muiltiple SLD....

This means should we decide the single sld or multiple sld based on the SAP systems and legacy sysems in our Project???

>>Single SLD comes with the lot of adavantages

>>1. No trasport of SLD

This means there is no need of transporting the SLD ( like PRD, SWCV, TS, BS) from DEV to QTY Server???

no need of transpoting means how they will recongize in PRD??

If i created TS in sld according to the R/3 DEV Server

if i created Business system name as BS1 in sld according to the DEV Server.

I used this BS1 in one of my IDOC to File Scenario means, How can i Maintain the same BS1 in Production also???

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is to bring up.......

Regards

Suman