Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the use of SAP gateway and how we use it

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP Gateway is the agent between the J2EE Engine and the SAP System.

To do this, you choose: transaction SWU3 -> Guided Procedures -> Maintain Guided Procedures Gateway. .

SAP Gateway parameters: use Gateway host and Gateway service of the SAP System for which you want to run the BPM Runtime, that is, the SAP System you specified in the Admin Workset when configuring the endpoint alias.

Hope this wil help you.

Sushama

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Each instance of an SAP System has a gateway. The gateway enables communication between work processes and external programs, as well as communication between work processes from different instances or SAP Systems.

Gateway Processes

The SAP Gateway is made up of various processes:

· Gateway read process

· Gateway monitor

These processes are described in the following topics.

Earlier gateway releases that support DCAM and SNA have additional gateway work processes (gwwp, gwwp.exe).

Gateway Read Process

Gateway read (gwrd, gwrd.exe) is the main process in the gateway system.

It is started by the application server (dispatcher) and checked by it periodically.

The gateway reader receives and processes all CPI-C requests.

If the executable gwrd program is called without parameters or with the switch -help, the program outputs a description of the possible command parameters, as well as all the patches.

Gateway Monitor

The gateway monitor (gwmon, gwmon.exe) is used to analyze and administer the SAP Gateway.

When you start it, you initially get a list of active CPI-C connections. You can call up all the other monitor functions via a menu.

You can monitor the gateway from the SAP System (transaction SMGW) or from the operating system.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP Gateway carries out CPI-C services within the SAP world, which are based on TCP/IP. These services enable SAP Systems and external programs to communicate with one another.

CPI-C services can be used either in the ABAP program or for the external programs via the interfaces.

As RFC (remote function call) is based on CPI-C, all RFC connections also pass through the SAP Gateway.

Regards

Azahar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Each instance of an SAP System has a gateway. The gateway enables communication between work processes and external programs, as well as communication between work processes from different instances or SAP Systems.

Also chk l the information provided by all

Thanks

MANas

Former Member
0 Kudos
GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An SAP Gateway is installed on each Application Server. To see the list of all application servers for any R/3 system, execute transaction SM51. To see all the Gateways connected to the SAP system, execute transaction SMGW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP Gateway carries out CPI-C services within the SAP world, which are based on TCP/IP. These services enable SAP Systems and external programs to communicate with one another.

CPI-C services can be used either in the ABAP program or for the external programs via the interfaces.

As RFC (remote function call) is based on CPI-C, all RFC connections also pass through the SAP Gateway.

and further go through this link for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/25/90d038f58f863de10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to call a Windows PC program from ABAP, but not on my frontend.

I mean, I know it exists:

CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES->EXECUTE

But that works only for my PC, and I need to run a program on another PC in the network.

Thank you.