Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL client creation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

H,

I'm trying to create an ssl client (standard) through strust.

i created a PSE to the ssl client (right click ->create) put in name (hostname.domain),organization (I<installation number>),company name and pressed enter.afterwards i pressed on create certificare request button ->saved the string in a local file and sent it to the CA.

The microsoft/comodo CA created for me a certificate respone->i saved the response in 2 filetypes - base-64 encoded x.509 (.CER) , and cryptographic message syntax standard - PKCS # 7 CERTIFICATES (.P7B).

afterwards i pressed on the import certificate response and tried to load from a local file - i tried the P7B FILE but the content was bad (without header line -

Begin certificate -

end certificate).

I tried the second file - (CER FILE- in this file i had header line -

Begin certificate -

end certificate) and got the following error - CA CERTIFICATE missing in database.

my question is - which CA certificate should i put in to the database - i found the following thread -

but didn't understand which CA certificate should i import to the database.

can anyone assist??

Regards,

Moshe

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to import the certificate of microsoft/comodo CA in the database because this CA signed the CER file and needs to be known from STRUST.

You must get it from the CA web site or extract it from the CER file.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

ok, i imported the comodo root ca certificate, now i'm getting the following error - cannot import certificate response - message no. TRUST037.

the file i'm trying to import (which is the response file i got from comodo) is a cer file.according to the message written after the error message i need to import the PKCS#7 package but this is not the file type i recieved - when i try to create PKCS#7 file from the CER file i got from comodo i don't get the required file with the header line -

BEGIN CERTIFICATE----and the footer line -

END CERTIFICATE---.

according to the message i can also import PEM FILE which seems to be (to the best of my knowledge) the CER file i got from comodo but with that i need to import to the database the root ca which i also imported.

any help will be most appriciated

Regards,

Moshe

0 Kudos

Hi again,

I always import the CA response as a cer BASE64 text file.

If you use Windows there is a trick : STRUST does not accept to import Windows text files (CR LF for end of lines) but only Unix text files (LF for end of lines).

You can convert the file with sappad or just imort it by copy and paste.

Regards,

Olivier