cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Config problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings everyone,

I have a problem with the configuration of ADS in combination with BI 7.0.

We have installed BI 7.0 and patched it to SPS14.

We are now trying to use the PDF print functionality and thus we are checking the configuration of ADS. The report FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE gives an error if the checkbox With Destination Service is checked (SYSTEM_ERROR in FP_FORM_SECURITY_TEST.XDP ...)

The HTTP conection in SM59 also gives error 403 (forbidden) when testing with user ADSUSER (but works flawlessly with user J2EE_ADMIN)

We have thus began to check the user ADSUSER (double-stack installation --> ABAP datastore).

The user is defined in ABAP with a dummy role ADSCALLERS (created in PFCG)

When we check in Visual Admin, the user does not appear under the group ADSCALLERS in the tree view of Cluster --> Security Provider --> User management

Is it the root of the problem ? How do we make it appear under the group ? If we look in the user properties we can see the group ADSCALLERS in the Parent Groups list ...

We have tried to assign the user directly to the Security Role ADSCaller in the Policy Configurations tab of Component com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServicesAdobeDocumentServicesAssembly.jar* but it does not help at all ...

Can someone give us some light on this for us please ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

jeff_matheis
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are having the exact same issue. What did you do to resolve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jef,

it was only the HTTP destination FP_ICF_DATA_<SID> that was not created in the Visual Admin under Cluster -> Services -> Destinations

Check if it is created. If not, create it and test again.

Seb

jeff_matheis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response. I will check to see if it was created.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem. I created the HTTP destination and the result is "HTTP GET response code 200 Content Type/html." Is this ok?

I still don't see the user in the ADSCALLERS or ADSCallers group.

In the manual it is said, that it is not necessarry that the role in the ABAP system contain any profiles. I tried both, but the results still stay the same.

Are there any other suggestions what could be missing?

Regards

Ulrike