cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem is testing mapping via test tab - URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a idoc to file scenario. Now in my production environment, SAP r/3 is sending some 14 idocs containing around 13000 article informations in all. 12 of the 14 idocs have been processed successfully but 2 idocs errored out.

When i see the monitor, it says null pointer exception in mapping. that means its giving error in one of my udf. But what exactly the error is can only be found if i test my mapping with this payload.

I download the XML (which i very big as it contains some 850 article information) and when i try to upload this xml in the test tab, it gives me error that the tree cannot be created and IR hangs. It doesnt respond anymore and i need to forcefully close it via Task Manager. I dont understnad why is it not able to upload the XML. Is there any limit to which the test tab can take the xml or am i missing something.

Please help as this si really urgent as i am working on the production system.

regards,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The IDOC which are got errored and the error which shows,tells that there is problem in the File.As 12 IDOCs has been posted successfuly then there will be no problem with the mapping.

If u cant test the XML in Test tab and its giving the error in creating the tree means some fields are missing and may be the file is wrong.

Copy the XML in Excel sheet and better check it.

Regards,

Phani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Chk the XML structure first..It will really better if U can download the Altova XML tool (if possible ) and can chk the structure .

Java null pointer exception comes if one of ur object is not getting the proper value..

That means U initialize ur object ..U use also in any method..

When U use the object in method it is not getting the exact "value" u want to pass.Chk also the UDF..

I think the error is due to the UDF u hv written..

Cheers

MANas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The problem is resolved. The problem was in the incoming idoc. since the idoc was too large it was practically impossible for me to find out error in the XML file jgenerated. Then I downloaded a xml editior and tested my xml. It showed that there were a few invalid characters in the idoc because of which it was not able to convert in a proper xml format.

Once those invalid characters got removed, it started workign fine.

Thanks,

Yash

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Test 13th IDOC structure alone in the Test tab.

Check any blank info in that IDOC which leads to NullpointerException.

In your UDF, Please add the Java code if that field is null/blank then add some valid info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to open XML in EXCEL and check whether any blank record is there.....

Jogdand