cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any one lhelp me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am Technical Person and want to understand SD module to enhance my knowledge from business point .

write now i am studing a book on SD, but sme terms are there which need more practical explanation.

So can anyone help me in that,

Right now i am unable to understand " What is Divison in SD" under distribution channel.

and How it is determind at the time of installation of SAP, that " how many Sales organisation should be made for specific company code.

suppose for organisation X we are installing Sap,then how many sales organisation shuld be made and on what basis?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its better you join some good place to understand the things better. Perhaps a small doubt or a technical clarification can be made easily here but not a full course.

coming to your question, How many sales orgs etc will totally depend on the business requirements. We can come to understanding of the org elements only after interacting with the clients.

The sales organization is an organizational unit within logistics, that structures the company according to its sales requirements.

A distribution channel is logical unit, through which the products and services of a company reach the customer. Like a direct sale, institutional, whole sale or retail.

A division is group of product based on certain key attributes. Like a cloth store being divided into mens wear and womens wear. It again depends on how the business wants to focus on the products.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel first of all you get acquainted with general business process of any company involved in manf and sales.

A person with knowledge of business process and SAP should help you in better way.

Thanks,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the defn you can can find in amy material.

to make you understand

Its the Material Division or Product division.

e.g all the food items like ,Jam , Sauces , ketchups, juices can be classified as FOOD Division

similary we can have 2 wheeler division and 4 wheeler division

to make it simple , its the divison of the product ,. so that our seeling and tracking becomes easy.

regards

KRSNA

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear neetu

A division is an organizational unit based on responsibility for sales or profits from saleable materials or services.

Divisions have two main applications: They are organizational units for Sales and Distribution, and they are necessary for business area account assignment for logistics transactions in Financial Accounting. Divisions can be used to describe specific product groups and can form the basis for sales statistics, for example.

One company code can have any number of sales organization. For example, If the client's activity involves multiple process of manufacturing units, then based on the process, we can create different sales organization but the company code should be one.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos