Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Signature Capture Works...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using MI 7.0.

I understand the functionality of Signature capture. It is kinda transferring a file (which contains the signature) from the client to the backend.

According to my understanding, the binary file of signature is broken into chunks of 255bytes and stored as items of a particular SyncBo, passed to the middleware and backend and reconstructed as an image again.

If this understanding is right, I want to use the same functionality to send any file from the client to backend and also from the backend to the client.

I had posted one thread before too which clarified many things-

I have some more questions, In signature capture, I assume, the breaking of a image into smalled chunks and recollecting of them happens automatically.

How can I do that with other files, like any other image?

What is the process of breaking image and recollecting into the backend?

(Like creating new SyncBOs, BAPI Wrappers for it and all, etc.)

How will this process be automated in a way that on the client, the user just browses the image from his PDA, attaches it, and it goes to the back on next sync.

I am not sure if the question is clear, Please ask for more clarifictions..

Thanks

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

well, lets start this discussion with a short description:

The split process does not relly happen automatically as you said. Any file on the PC is stored in bytes and can be read as a usual text file. Java does not care i you read a textfile, an image, an app or whatever - it is just a 8bit byte structure....and so it can be displayed as a text structure. So if you show the image on the screen and you want to send it to the backend - mark it and start the process. This process reads the file form disc as a textfile, then splits it into chunks of 255 chars. So you have a string array in memory. This can be stored as SyncBO - same as the long text functionality for any other syncBO. a Text field with the chars and an index field - to know the correct order at the end.

That is all, storeit in an syncBo and sync. It goes to the backend. There you need to put the information together and store it as file. No issue - just development.

The same happens the way back: split the info in the backend, sync send it to the client, there take this information and store it to the file system of the device. Then you can display it.

Hope that makes it clear - rest should be straight forward development.....

Regards,

Oliver