cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic main window size

0 Kudos

hi all,

Mian window size should vary based on the value.

This is my situation ... if my footer window is not printed the space is left blank, but my scenerio is to cover the blank space with my main window when my footer window is not displayed.

for example when the data exceeds first page then my footer window willbe printed only in the next page, so space left by the window should be filled by main window .

how to dynamically chage teh main window size based on the footer window...

Please provide me the details.

Thanks in advance.

Suresh RR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Theres no need to use a dynamic main window. All you have to do is to print the footer on the last page if theres no content in the main window. I will explain how.

Just create a main window that fills up the page to the end. Use a text element for printing the main window content. Once that is done check &PAGE& equal to &SAPSCRIPT-FORMPAGES& (This field contains a number representing the total number of pages of the currently formatted form). Once that is done it means that the last page is reached. Then you call another text element having the footer text or data. that way you cqan print the footer in the last page without modifying the main window.

Reward if helpful.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Tnaks everybody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try it with the variable &NEXTPAGE&.

It returns '0' when on last page.

You create the main window of length of full page and draw the footer window overlapping the main window.

If &NEXTPAGE& is not equal to '0', hide the footer window else call the element for the footer window.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Parul.

0 Kudos

hi avinash,

Thanks for your reply..

this is my scenerio when the item data exceeds the main window then second page should be called else footer and all other windows created should be printed in the first page itself.

if only second page is called then the space occupied by footer window in the first page should be filled by main window..

Footer windows should always be in the end of the page.

thanks,

suresh rr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use a table to print your data, and incorporate your footer window which i think is separate now in the table footer itself. This will solve your problem, for the footer you specify the conditons (Only at Paragraph end for the rows and at page break, at end of table at the footer node conditions) which solves your problem.

Regards,

Narendra.

0 Kudos

hi avinash,

Thanks for your reply.

but my scenerio is to print footer window only on the end of the page, if i create it as text then footer data will be printed based on the value(internal table) in main window.

thanks

suresh rr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I thought you only wanted the footer in the last page.

For this, create a new page altogether. Declare a window for footer in that page. Just link it as the next page for the page containing the main window. For ex., if PAGE1 has main window containing the necessary data, create PAGE2 and declare it as the next page for PAGE1. In PAGE2 create the footer window. This should fit to your requirement.

Reward if helpful.