cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice related Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

If the invoice is not going to generate the accounting document, system should not allow the user to save the invoice.

Every month we are facing the problem of invoices not posted to accounting because of variuos reasons like account det not done, pricing error, standard cost not released, posting period is not open etc...

So we want to put a control on this, if for any reason the invoice is not generating the accounting doc. then system should not allow the user to save the invoice. Then we can resolve the issue there and then itself.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreehari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To resolve the error, you can analyze account determination in the billing document. Process:

Goto T.Code: VF02 & Enter Invoice number

Next (On the top most strip) goto Environment

Next (Select Environment) go to Account determination

Next (In Account Determination) select Revenue Account Determination (first option)

This will list all the condition types in the Billing document & analyze each condition & check for which G/L accounts is not determined.

Possible SD errors:

1. VKOA not maintained for required combination

Solution: Maintain the combination in VKOA.

2. Account Assignment of Customer / material not maintained in Customer / Material Master (If maintained in combination in VKOA).

Solution:

Option 1 (Standard solution):

step 1: Cancel Billing Document --> Reverse PGI --> cancel Delivery --> Cancel Sales Order

step 2: Maintain Customer master / Material Master correctly.

step 3: Recreate sales Order --> Delivery --> PGI --> Invoicing.

Option 2:

Force the Account Assignment Group of Customer / Material through Debug in change mode of Billing document, which will release Billing Document to Accounting.

3. Account Key not maintained in Pricing Procedure:

Impact: This may create accounting document, but if condition type, which are to be posted to account, but do not have account key maintained in pricing procedure, it will not be post the relevant condition type to G/L account.

From FI Side, you require to check that all the G/L account has been maintained through T.Code: FS00. G/L account being Master data has to be created in each client ot uploaded through LSMW / SCATT / BDC.

In Billing Document in change mode (in the first screen where we enter Billing Document number), on the top most left hand corner, take a dropdown on Billing Document & select Release to accounting. Here you can get the under mentioned possible message:

1. G/L account not found

2. Cost Element not maintained for G/L account.

In both the above cases, FI consultant requires to take corrective action.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I think I did not give the correct picture of the issue.

My problem is:

Every month the sales dept is showing a sales value of 20 crores of sales but accounting dept is showing the value as 18 crores, becasue the 2 crore worth of invoices are not posted to accounting (becasue of a/c det errors). Sales team says that they have created the invoices, but a/c dept says those were not showing in accounting. They use VFX3 transaction also to release it to accounting.

But they want a permanent solution, if the invoice is not going to generate the accounting doc, then the invoice should not be saved.

So immediately they inform us and we will resolve the issue. But the sales value and a/c values should match at the month end.

I hope it is clear now.

Pl guide me how to resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreehari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i think i understand your problem.

you cannot use incompletion procedure because the system cannot determine if an accounting document is created or not if it cannot save the billing document first. it's like a question of the chicken or the egg.

i also do not think making an enhancement to prevent saving of the billing document is possible or even advisable. because even if it is possible, the logic will go something like this:

1. save billing

2. attempt to generate accounting document

3. cannot generate accounting document

4. go back to billing document and cancel, reset number range

**for the purposes of controls, you want the system to generate billing even if this was in error because you want to record all transactions and not allow any to be the basis of undetected fraud**

the best practice is to allow you billing document to save. if for some reason an accounting document is not created (whether due to an error, an incomplete data or simple block), you can still try to rectify the error and after this, release the billing document to accounting. if the error cannot be rectified, then you have the option of cancelling the invoice.

i know that this may not meet your current requirements. but on a positive note, this may justify a discussion between the SAP team and your clients on change management.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make this setting in billing type which ur using, there clic k posting block chek box and try out so that when ever u save the invoice it will not release to account until released manually.

Hope u check once and confirm

Reward if helped u

Bye

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I feel that only after saving the Invoice you can post it to accounting. so anyways its not going to post to accounting. if there is any error.

Basically as per your thread you are not sure of the reasons for you not being able to post for accounting. but these errors are one time. You fix it & its gone.

But ofcourse you can control all these through Incomplete procedure.

And also what you can do is, you can block the invoice for automatic posting. so that you can post it manually.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rish K,

We don't use the posting block in billing functionalities, so postings will have to be done automatically after saving the invoice.

Here in our case every month there are almost 200 to 300 invoices are being struck with this error. In month end FI head will close the period on 31st, but the sales team will generate the invoices till 5th of next month on previous month's date. So posting period error will come.

As you mentioned this can be resolved with incompletion procedure, pl explain me the incompletion procedure in billing doc.

Regards,

Sreehari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain incompletion log it does not allow u save when all required parametders are missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Can you explain it, how to configure the incompletion procedure for billing doc to control the above issue.

I have checked the incompletion procedure but, that is shwoing for sales doc (header, item, schedule line), delivery (header, item), partner and sales activity only. I could not find any billing level control.

Pl guide.

Regards,

Sreehari