cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install a language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys/Gays,

i need to install Portuguese (PT) on a existing NW04s (WAS 6.40) ABAP only system. The developers & functional consultants have been working on this system for about 1 months now. The new consultants requested PT language.

We have a None-Unicode system (ECC6)

How do i do this ????

Edited by: Christopher Jansz on Mar 5, 2008 10:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

had to re-import everything in client 000 , there were TR's to be imported in STMS as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cristopher,

To import and install an additional language, you have to use the transaction SMLT.

But a note of caution here. Since you are using a non unicode version of SAP, be careful of which language you use as a secondary language. Once a secondary language is declared, it cannot be changed:

The procedure to import the language:

Goto transaction SMLT:

Select the lanuage that you want to install on the initial screen

Then select menu option Language--> import package.

Enter the path for the import packages

if you now see a green light next to the package, it means all import conditions are met. Even if it is a yellow light it means warning but you can still import.

Select the Portugese language package (it should be green or yellow) specify the start time (optionally background server for background processing and choose execute. This schedules the background process that performs the import.

Once the import is completed, you have to define a profile parameter in the defualt profile in RZ10 so that users can logon using this language.

the name of the parameter is ZCSA/installed_languages.

In the profile parameter, define the language value. Activate the profile and restart SAP the SAP system (as you know any changes to static profile parameters require a restart to be active).

Now you can login using the Potugese language.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I INSTALLED PT LANGUAGE... NOW I WANT THE USER TO BE ABLE TO SELECT ENGLISH, GERMAN OR PT... HOW DO I SET THE VALUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cristopher,

Have you defined the language values in the profile parameter ZCSA/installed_languages

Once you have done that, you should also restart SAP.

Once that is done, the user should be able to login giving the language code on the logon screen

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, sorry i forgot to tell you,

In the prameter zcsa/installed_languages the values have to defined as:

The default value will be DE where D- stands for German and E stands for English,

When you change the value, maintain the value as DEP

Now this means that D- stands for German, E- stands for English and P stands for portugese.

But i am sure th users while logging in will have to give in the logon language field "PT" (I think thats the right one you should know better about the 2 letter code for Portugese than me

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.. thats ok...

but everything except the SAP Menu tree is in english...

even when i login PT the menu tree is in english.. but the transactions are ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... thats a bit strange i must say i am stumped there.

You have already restarted the system. Right?

The only time when the Menu bar and the application tool bars show up in a different language is when they do not understand the Charecter set of the login language.

I'll see if i can do a bit of searching on this.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried using SE43 to translate the menus....

some menus can be translated but not others....

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you try to delete the language load with report RSLANG20 ?

See SAP note:

110910 Deleting the language load

cheers,

Vincent