cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Inputting multiline text in a table row in ABAP Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to create tables using ABAP Webdynpro where the user can enter multi line text within the table column. I need to show the user the text entered in the column as they enter by wrapping within the column.

Using ABAP Webdynpro, I am not able to use Text Edit element within a table ..... So, I tried using an input field, but that is not wrapping the text within the column.........

Also, I need to wrap text for the column header of the table, so that the text is displayed in two lines in the header area. I am not able to wrap text and display either.

I would like to know if there are any other elements that we can use in ABAP Webdynpro to make the above work.

Thanks for your time!

Madhavi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

To display multiline text you can use TEXTVIEW UI element. If the string that has to be shown on the screen contains linefeed (CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES=>CR_LF) then the string will be displayed in multiple lines.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, u can try this. First go to table control ui element property and set the property islayoutfixed to true. then for ur resp column fix the column width to required .Use inputfield only and set its wrapping property.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for your reply.

There is no wrapping property for a input field to set inside the table column.

Is there any other way we can set the property or make it multiline.

Any other inputs are highly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Madhavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible develop SO10 application in abap webdynpro same as in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,