Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central user administration is active, user master data is not copied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to copy user master records from a SAP 4.6C - DV1 system to the target system SAP 4.6C - DV2.

But DV1 system is connected to CUA.

So when I go to SCC8 - for remote client copy, I get the below message

"Central user administration is active, user master data is not copied"

Can anyone help me, whether I can copy user master records when CUA is configured and active?

If not then what should I do to copy the user master records (other than client export and import)

Thanks

Senthil

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could temporarily deactivate the CUA connection to your child system DV1 - to do it just for this client and not have to delete the entire model you could do the following:

Execute SCUA in the child system and click on the delete button and remove the check for test, you can also access this via the program RSDELCUA. This will disconnect the client from the CUA landscape, to reconnect the CUA after the copy is complete, just save the model from SCUA in the CUA client again.

Once you have copied the users & roles to the client in DV2, execute BD64 in this client and clean up the CUA model assignments - if you don't do this step you will have some trouble connecting DV2 to a CUA client.

Regards

0 Kudos

Thank you for your Reply. I will do that.

I have one more query, actually I want to copy all the Z* roles & related authorization profiles from one system to other system. I don't want the users.

In this case how do I do that? I don't know how to transport all the Z*roles and authorization alone.

Can you help me step wise.

Thanks & Regards

Senthil

0 Kudos

>

> Thank you for your Reply. I will do that.

>

> I have one more query, actually I want to copy all the Z* roles & related authorization profiles from one system to other system. I don't want the users.

>

> In this case how do I do that? I don't know how to transport all the Z*roles and authorization alone.

>

> Can you help me step wise.

>

> Thanks & Regards

> Senthil

you can do a client copy of just roles & profiles using profile SAP_PROFS

0 Kudos

I am using SAP 4.6C I don't have the profile SAP_PROF

S1

SAP_ALL All client-specific data without change document

SAP_APPL Customizing and application data

SAP_CUST Copy Customizing data

SAP_CUSV Customizing and report variants

SAP_RECO Recovery (only for source client = target client)

SAP_UAPP User master records, report variants, applic. dat

SAP_UCSV Customizing, variants, and user master records

SAP_UCUS User master records and Customizing

SAP_USER User master records and authorization profiles

All I have is the above profiles

Regards

Senthil

0 Kudos

As per my knowledge, we can move them through Transport.

Create a transport request, and add usr tables and agr tables as objects to the transport. release and move to any system.

please correct me if I am wrong.

0 Kudos

ya! it has be thru transports.

But how to make that transports like what all tables we need to include? what is the easiest methods is what I am figuring it out.

If any one has done that before, pl share your experience

Thanks

Senthil

0 Kudos

When you create a transport for the roles you want to copy across, it will include all the required table entries as well.

I would not advise trying to insert the tables into the transport manually - if you miss any data then you would end up with data inconsistencies. If you would like to take a look at the tables included then create a transport for your roles, and if you take a look at the table contents for the task you will see all the tables listed with all the relevant entries.

Just one more point, when you create the transport make sure you don't select user assignment to make sure that the users are not copied across.

Edited by: S Morar on Mar 7, 2008 7:55 AM