cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing data: Profitability segmt

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR:

incomplete log :missing data :Profitability segmt in many sales order.

prompt as follow.

Missing data: Profitability segmt

Message no. VU 019

Diagnosis

The system checked the document for completion and found some missing data.

System Response

You cannot continue processing.

Procedure

Enter the missing data.

best regares.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had encounter the same error. After asking the end user to re-do it till we reach the error and click the error message, system pointed to ext. material group. And we go to material master to check the said ext. material group. It turn out that the group populated in the said field is not define.

Regards,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

run MM02 for your material / plant and check field Profit center (Sales General/Plant data)

it must be not blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you must enter the correct profit center in the material master. execute MM02 and go to the Sales: General/Plant view and make an entry in the 'profit center' field.

if you were able to save the sales order, you must make the correcting entries in each affected line item by following the path Go To > Item > Account Assignment > profitability segment. if this is difficult for you, then delete the line item instead and re-enter the material; the line item will reappear, this time with the correct values (however, take note of the line number as this may change).

post again if you have more concerns.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi:

thanks for your reply.

part of sales order item is display missing segement.the profit center is not maintained in master of the all material .

if should i change the configuration of backgroud?

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

CO is implemented in your project, which is why the profitability segment is being asked by the system. i don't think you can switch this off.

the CO consultant is the one responsible for defining the profit centers. the SD consultant or material master custodian then enters the data in the profit center. if you have many material masters, you can do mass entry using MM17. or you can do mass upload with LSMW.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI:

all materials is not maintained the profit center in the material master data,the profit center is exist in the Account assignment tab of sales order ,but why is only part of sales orer item prompt the error.

help me analyze it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, wang.

let's do it this way...

1. what is your material? what is the profit center value that was defined by FI?

2. when you say 'only part of sales order prompting the error', what part is this?

post this again and we will analyze.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check at VA03> item details> Account assignment tab --> Profit. Segment is not blank. I think this is missing.

If not then you need to maintain account assignment to profit segement in SPRO profitability analysis

Kind regards

Sandeep